Chapter-13

**YOU?!**

Aksh's Pov...

As I eased my eyes open, the sight that met my eyes left me astonished.

My hands wrapped loosely around Suhana's waist and she snuggling close to my warm body.

Tugging the disturbing hair strands
behind her ear, I gave my wife a lingering forehead kiss and stepped down the bed to use washroom to complete my morning chores.

Changing to my jogging tracksuit, I sauntered out the room after putting my phone in the back pocket and giving Suhana one last look.

While descending down the stairs, the darkness flooding in the living room  blinded me for few seconds, making it quite evident that the day was not dawned yet.

With the experience of all the years, I successfully without tripping anywhere made my way down the stairs and reached the switch board which was adjacent to the steps.

But before I could switch the buttons on and the lights would disperse in the surrounding, the sound of main door opening reached my ears making me go all attentive.

Dropping the idea of illuminating the living area, I tip-toed towards the nearby room while picking up a flower vase on the way.

In the utter darkness, I was only able to figure out a petite body making its way inside my home and closing the door behind itself very lowly.

Making sure to be as silent as possible, I walked quietly towards the intruder with the motive of attacking it with all the power I had.

But before I could do that, the lights flashed open making my hands pause half way with the vase in its tight grip.

"Aaaa" me and Kirti both yelled simultaneously as our eyes scanned the other.

"What the fucking hell Aksh!!" Kirti tried to calm her raging heart.

"Thank god... I switched the lights on at the right time, otherwise you would have surely killed me" she stated after a moment of calmness, eyeing me with pure agitation.

"Who enter in their own house like..." I was cut off in mid sentence by a shrill voice.

"Like what" she asked, arching her perfectly shaped eyebrow.

"Like a thief" I answered and walked back to put the vase at its original place.

"You are calling me a thief" Kirti complained making me laugh inwardly.

"No my cute sister, I am not saying you are a thief, it just that... the way you entered inside made me suspicious" I explained her and much to my relief her features softened a bit.

"I didn't want to disturb Suhana" she reasoned and walked leisurely towards the kitchen.

Meanwhile, I checked her appearance and being a protective brother many questions rosed in my mind.

"Where were you all night?"
"With whom you were?"
"Did you informed Suhana about your night stay?"
And..." I bombarded her with all the questions I had in mind as soon as she came back but had to stop in mid when Kirti covered my mouth with her palms.

"Take a fucking breath Aksh" she said while making herself comfortable on the sofa.

"So, yea... Last night I went out with my colleagues and we got super late there... So, I decided to crash at my colleague's place rather than coming here and disturbing Suhana" Kirti uttered and a yawn escaped from her lips in the end.