Chapter-26

**WOOING THE GRUMPY MAN**

Suhana's Pov...

Next morning, I woke up with a bad headache and a crease free bed sheet on my other side.

It seemed like no one slept there last night and indeed my doubt confirmed when my eyes landed on the neatly folded sheets on the couch.

Rubbing my face in disappointment, I stepped down from the bed and walked lazily towards the washroom for completing my morning chores.

I was forced to halt on the tracks, when unintentionally saw my own reflection in the basin mirror.

Red and puffy eyes, dried stain of tears on cheeks, slumped shoulders, tangled hair were enough reminiscences to gave me a good recap of yesterday's event.

Despite of being so emotionally and physically drained, the only thought of last night was ample to make my eyes watery again.

"Its okay Suhana... Its okay... Its okay..." taking the support of  the marble counter, I ranted to pacify my already aching heart.

"Dammit... Its not okay... Its hurting... badly" slamming the counter with a fist, I shouted thinking that it would lessen my pain but nothing of that sort happened.

Gaining back my lost composure after what felt like eternity and changing into a fresh set of clothes after bathing, I walked down towards the kitchen to prepare myself a cup of ...adrak wali chai... which was an ultimate cure of my splitting headache.

"Have it..." A note in bold letters was tucked under the kettle.

Carefully shifting the hot kettle further from the note on the granite slab, I hold it between my index finger and thumb.

"Aksh" sighing, I looked around but he was no where to be found.

Three days... Bloody three days passed by but Aksh still hadn't spoke a word to me.

Most of the time, he stayed out of the house doing only he knows what and the remaining of his hours were spent by sulking on the couch and shuffling those fucking news channels.

Now his grumpy attitude was really taking its troll on me.

"Yeah... All good Kirti. You say?" I asked Kirti over the voice call, trying to sound all enthusiastic.

"I am more than ever fine here but what about that asshole brother of mine, he didn't even called me once." She complained, disappointment was evident in his voice.

Only the mention of Aksh's name, averted my gaze towards the digital wall clock which was showing 10:30 PM, making an unsettling my feeling creep inside my heart.

"Aahh... Your brother is too busy these days" I joked to lighten mine as well as Kirti's mood.

"You are keeping him busy" I could imagine her wiggling her brows.

"No he is busy in being grumpy all the time" absently I said what was running in my mind but regretted it soon cause knowing Kirti like the back of my hand, I knew she won't leave me untill I tell her every bit of information.

"What happened? Did you two fight?" She queried confirming my previous thoughts.

"Hmm... Just a tiff" I replied not giving away the reason behind our fight.