Chapter-14

**BEST FRIENDS**

Suhana's Pov...

I was physically present beside Aksh, who was chatting gladly with his friend but my mind was lost somewhere else.

"Suhana"

"Suhana"

"Huhh" I came out from my reverie, when felt someone tapping my shoulder.

Bewildered, I looked around and found all the pair of eyes scanning me inquisitively.

"Where were you lost?" Aksh was first one to ask.

"Headache" I lied while fake massaging my temples.

"If you want, you can go and rest..." He suggested looking so concerned.

I shook my head and muttered a quick 'its fine'.

While others again get engrossed in their conversation, an idea popped up in my mind and I stood up and walked towards the kitchen.

I placed 4 glasses in a tray, filled them with the cold drink that Aksh ordered and made my way to the living area again.

"Here" I said and served drinks to Aksh & Kirti.

Then I moved tray in the direction of Shikhar and while handling him the glass, it accidently ...or let me rephrase it... I intentionally dropped it making the cold drink spill on his pants.

"Oh my God... I am sorry... Really very sorry" I feigned panic for my act to look real.

"Its ok" Shikhar muttered while  smoothening his hand over his wet pants.

"Aksh can please help me with the way to the washroom?" He stood up and asked looking directly to Aksh.

"Come, I'll show you the restroom" Aksh opened his mouth to say something but I beat him to that and muttered with a fake smile.

Shikhar started following me and it took all of my self control to stop myself from asking him about his...bastard of a brother... because I knew Aksh and Kirti were looking in our direction only.

I stopped infront of the restroom and opened its door for Shikhar.

He entered inside and was about to lock the door when I intervened in between.

"Shikhar, the door wont lock because its fastener is defective" I informed only to get a scowl from him in return.

He stepped in and closed the door behind with a thud.

For a minute or two, I passed Aksh and Kirti side glances and once became sure that I was not the center of their attention, I entered in the washroom.

"What the..." Shikhar saw me entering, through the mirror and turned around with lightening speed.

"Why are you here?" I didn't let him complete and asked furiously.

"What you mean? I am here because Aksh invited me" he uttered as if stating a fact.

"Oh please cut your crap, I very well know your ulterior motive behind coming here" I was fuming with so much anger that if we were in a cartoon show, then the smoke can clearly be seen coming out of my ears.

"Really! So, if it dont bother then will you please do me a favour and enlighten me about my so called 'ulterior motive' " he mocked me, air quoting the last word.

"You are here to ruin my life. You are here to tell Aksh about my past. You are here..."  I started sobbing while jabbing him on his chest with my index finger.

"You really think, this low of me?" Shikhar held my wrist and asked with hurted expressions on his face.

"Dont make me say what I think about you?" I pulled my hand with a jerk from his firm hold and turned around to left the washroom.

But before I could even take a step, he came infront of me blocking my way.

"Suhana" the pain Shikhar feeling was so evident in his voice.

He tried to hold my trembling figure in his embrace but I stepped back making his hand fall in the air.

I closed my eyes and let the tears fall freely without any resistance.

"Suhana, we are best friends right?" Shikhar queried while trying to control his own unshed tears.

"We were" my curt reply was enough to broke him down.

Flashback...

Third Person's Pov...

"Oye" Suhana yelled as soon as her eyes found her best friend... Aka Shikhar... entering in college premises without her.

Shikhar recognised his jhalli best friend's... Aka Suhana... voice and stopped on his way but didn't turned around.

" Kaha ja raha hai?" Suhana came to him all huffing and sweating and asked putting her hands on her hips.

"For the class" he replied showing her some attitude because last day she called him Shikha instead of Shikhar that to infront of his crush making everyone laugh.

"Kal ki baat par abhi bhi gussa hai?" She asked giving him her best puppy eyes but Shikhar ignored her and resumed walking.

"Ok baba sorry... I promise I wont call you Shikha again" Suhana shouted grabbing the attention of few passing by students but she didn't mind it and sat on the ground with a thud.

Shikhar shook his head at her childish antics and moved towards her in long strides.

He crouched down to her level and held her face between his palms.

"Drama ho gaya ho aapka madamji toh chale... Class ke lia late ho raha hai" he said, thinking how come he ended up having such a nautanki best friend.

Suhana nodded grinning widely and stood up with the help of Shikhar.

She thanked him pinching his cheeks only to get a slap in return and tossed her bag towards him which Shikhar grabbed on time.

"I love you Shikha" Suhana laughed and ran away even before he could register her words.

"Suhana..." Shikhar uttered her name in pure annoyance and started chasing her.

Flashback Ends...

•~•~•~•

To know more...Stay tuned...😊

Happy Reading...🙂

Thank You...🤗

Do Vote...😁

And Please Follow...🥰

See you all soon...till then...Bye.🙋

WORDS COUNT:- 966