Chapter-22

**CALL**

Suhana's Pov...

I slowly tried to open my eyes but immediately clench them shut as the brimming light above my head blinded me.

Few minutes later, I again attempted to open my lids while blinking rapidly to adjust to the brightness and this time fortunately, I succeeded.

Groggily looking around, my gaze narrowed at the sight of sheer white surroundings of mine and halted on the thin drip attatched on my hand.

The nerves of my left hand were painfully pulsing because of the needle pierced inside it and my heart beat was loudly echoing across the room because of being displayed on the monitor.

The pungent smell of medicines in the air and the beeping sound of heartbeat monitor machine was irritating my already aching head.

Moving my sight to opposite direction, my eyes fell on Aksh who was resting on an arm chair placed a few meters away from my bed.

His eyes were closed but the lines of worry and tension were evident on his forehead.

"Aksh" I tried to call him but my voice came out scratchy because of the dryness.

I was in the desperate need of water.

Stretching my hand out, I strived to pick up the water bottle from the side table but instead of the bottle my hand hit the medicine tray making it fall on the tiled floor with a loud thud.

My action caused Aksh open his eyes all bewildered and in long strides he walked up to me.

"You need something" he asked politely, tucking a strand behind my ear.

Nodding in affirmation, I pointed towards the water bottle which he handed me after making me sit properly with a pillow behind my back.

I sighed as the liquid made its way down my throat.

"How are you feeling now?" Aksh queried worriedly while eyeing the glucose stand beside my bed.

"Better" I gave him a weak smile in return.

"I'll call the doctor" saying so he moved out leaving me alone in that hospital room.

Feeling exhausted, I closed my eyes resting my head on the headrest but as soon as I did that, the previous incidents started pouring in.

Mall...

Shopping bags...

Me crashing into someone...

And those honey brown eyes...

I was jolted out of my light sleep as sweat beads appeared on my forehead.

My heart was screaming that it was just my hallucination but deep inside my mind knew it was not.

Feeling my soul shift in anxiety and agitation, I literally jumped as the room door opened and walked in a lady in her late thirties wearing a lab coat with Aksh closely following her. She was carrying a white notepad in her hand and smiled upon seeing me awake.

She took hold of my wrist checking my nerves and later her eyes moved towards the monitor screen.

Me and Aksh both were looking her keenly.

"She is okay now. We will discharge her as you complete the formalities" she uttered in a total professional tone after examining my blood pressure in her machine and excused herself out.