Minho

TIME SKIP - 23 DAYS

It has now been a month. One month of solidarity. I have made The Glade the best it could be and I have finally got used to a life here. I question whether I should go out past the walls but I'm so scared too. The Grievers seem to only come out at night and I get new resources every week. I made the homestead bigger in hope that one day someone else will come. I have got better at cooking especially baking. I put a note down asking for ingredients to make cupcakes and it all came up! They were really yummy. I am expecting my resources at 2:00pm - that's what the time has been for the last few weeks so I am hoping they are the same. The gardens are looking amazing. I planted some flowers which brighten up the place a lot.  1 hour until the platform arrives...

I have prepared my piles ready for the new resources and made plans to see what I can add. This time I asked for balls cause I thought that I could kick or throw them on the walls for some entertainment. 

1 minute until the platform arrives....

I'm waiting by the platform ready for it to come up. I hear a noise, but not the noise from the platform. It was coming from the box. I was anxious about this because I had no idea what was coming up. The noise gets louder. It is getting faster. My heart beats are speeding up. Then the noise stops. I hear a groan coming from the box and my chest leaves my body. The box opens. And there is a boy. 

"That was the wrong type of balls"  I said. The boy did not understand.

"What the fuck are you talking about and where the hell am I?" He says arrogantly.

"Welcome to the Glade" I said with a smile. I give him my hand and he takes it. I pull him out the box - he was suprised by how strong I was - and gave him a hug. He looked at me blankly but hugged me back. I started crying and he said "can you stop crying and tell me where the fuck we are in the world." I tell him everything. 

"So you have been here for a month, on your own. And made all of this, with no help." He says.

"If you don't count the animals then I guess" I reply.

"And what's up with the walls?" He asks.

"they are quite moody today" I say jokingly.

He smirked. "you know that's not what I meant"

"They open and close. Open at 6:00am and close at 5:45pm" I explain.

"Hey um what's your name?" He asks.

"I'm y/n"

"Pretty name, I'm - ." he pauses "Why can't I remember my name?"

" If you are like me you will know in a couple of hours" I say.

I give him a tour of the homestead and make him some welcome cakes :P 

"Well the badass makes cupcakes" he says sarcastically.

" I can't cook anything else, and I'm pretty sure you would want this rather than my shitty stew"

"Ookkkk if you say so" he says while laughing. 

I make him sleep in the hammock next to mine, I remember how I felt on my first night. I was suprised he wasn't breaking down right now but I guess he is built differently. A couple of hours go by and I hear a soft sobbing. I sit up and go next to the boy's hammock. I tell him that I cried too on my first day and it will get better. 

"Can I have another cupcake" he asks.

"Sure" I say. I get a cupcake and I walk back to the homestead. He is beaming with happiness when I entered. 

"Why so happy" I ask

"I remembered my name"

"Oooo do tell"

" Minho, my names Minho" He smiles.