Pain

We put Newt on the bed in med-jacks and all wait for the other to say something. I step up and talk first 

"How are you feeling Newt?"

"Ok" He replies

"Do you need anything" I ask

"Can I have my blanket, I'm cold" He replies

"Sure - Minho will go and get it, won't you Minho" I give him a death stare.

"Yeah sure no problem" he replies. Minho comes back a couple of minutes later with the blanket. He gives it to me and I put it over Newt 

"Does anything hurt?" I ask.

"yeah my leg" he replies softly. 

"Gally can you examine it?" I say

"Sure" He takes off Newt's shoe and pulls Newt's trousers up to his knees. Gally touches it and Newt groans in pain. "I think he's broken it" Gally explains "if you look at it, it's all twisted" 

I walk over to Gally and look at Newt's leg. "Minho get some bandages and Gally go make lunch" I say. Now it's just me and Newt left in the med-jacks. 

"Newt how did you do this" I say "it's ok if you don't want to talk about it, I will understand" He starts talking.

"Well I started to get upset and down for some reason on the second day of being here. I just wanted to go home and remember everything. I got fed up of not being able to remember anything. You guys made it look like I belonged here but I just wanted to leave and give up. When you first showed me the maze I started to feel like I wanted to just disappear. You guys had been here months and you haven't found a way out. What if we never will. Then you said that you had seen a griever. What happens if someone goes out into the maze and never comes out. What if the grievers start killing people? What if  we end up with 100 people here and we have to watch them die. I can't do that y/n. I can't be stuck here anymore. I needed to leave."

"Newt, we will find a way out. Even if it takes years and years. We have a cure for the Grievers so if they do something to you we can make you better. Me and Minho will never stop looking for a way out and when we get new gladers more and more will become runners. We could cover 10x the amount that we do already and we could make a life here. Gally felt like you did, but he just hid it. We all give up Newt but we have learned to forget about it and always carry on trying."

"Well you could of bloody told me yesterday before I tried to kill myself"

"Wha-" 

"Come on y/n I saw your face. I know you thought that I did"

"Newt I'm sorry"

"It's not your fault y/n. I'm just sorry that I won't be able to run anymore and you have to wait another month for a new possible runner" He grabs onto my hand and doesn't let go. Tears fall down my cheek and he pulls me into a hug. Gally comes in with dinner and says,

"Minho why are standing outside, just come in"

"Minhoooo" I say. Minho walks in slowly.

"Hey guyss, I got the bandages" 

"Great thanks Minho" I say. He smiles. I bandage up Newt's leg and clean up all the blood on his face. I like deep into his dark brown eyes and he stares back into mine. We look at each other for a while until I turn away. He grins at me. I smirk.