4 Months

I wake up on the bed on med-jacks with Newt and Minho by my side. I open my eyes fully and say

"I have woken up" 

"Thank god" Minho says. They both hug me and whisper

"How are you feeling"

"Ok I guess" I reply "Is Dave dead?" They nod their heads. I look down and see that my chest has been bleeding and stitched up. 

"You are not going to be able to go running for a while y/n" Minho says,

"Hmmm what a shame" I answer

"Seriously y/n. He nearly killed you" Newt says. 

"Yes but he is dead now so problem is resolved" I exclaim. I try to sit up and Newt supports my back. I stand up and walk towards the dead-heads. I see Dave's grave, it said: Dave, slopper - lost himself. Frypan makes me some soup and I feel extremely tired and like am I about to black out. I go to Newt's hammock and climb in it. 

4 Months Later...

It has been 4 months since I was stabbed. We have got 4 new Gladers. We have Clint and Jeff who work at the medjacks. We then had Billy (our newest greenie) and Leo. Leo and Ben are now runners. Ben has been here 5 months now and Leo has been 4. Newt, Gally and Minho have all had their Gladedays. We now have one person at least doing each job in the Glade and it has become a lot easier with the more people we have. Gally keeps on challenging people to fight him in 'the pit' but no one has yet to beat him; only me. He has asked for a rematch multiple times but I am not going to do that. 

"Y/n are we going out in the maze today?" Leo asks,

"I think so but double check with Minho" I reply. I was right so Ben, Leo, Nick, Minho and I all go into the maze. I stick with Minho and the other three all go off together. The Grievers seem to pop up every now and then but me and Minho have never had to fight one off or anything. We run back to the Glade and everyone seems in one piece. I run over to Newt and hug him,

"Hey y/n, how was running?" He asks,

"Good" I reply. Things have got difficult with Newt. We don't really know what to say anymore. I think we have both noticed.

"Follow me" Newt says. He takes me to the cliff where we had our first and only date. He has set it all up nicely for us. "I brought Gally's alcoholic drink" He says. I smile.

"Thank you" I say happily. We sit down and share a blanket and we talk for hours. All of the awkwardness before had completely gone. I fall onto his shoulder and he whispers 

"I love you y/n" I hesitate before answering but then say

"I love you too Newt, more than anything in the world" He leans in and kisses me. I lay on his lap and stay there for a long time. I look up and see Newt staring into my eyes and he grins. We then both go to sleep.