Banishment

All of the Gladers go into The Gathering and we decide what we will do to Leo. 

"We can't keep him in the slammer forever" Gally says,

"But we can't kill him" Newt exclaims.

"I have a thought" Minho states "what if we banished him and sent him into the maze, that way he isn't our problem and he can't hurt anyone"

"That's a good idea Minho" I say,

"But that'll kill him, won't it?" Zart asks,

"Probably but it means that he can do it his own way and it is out of our hands" Gally replies. We discuss it more and eventually decide that's what we are going to. We come to the conclusion that we probably should have a good nights sleep before we banish Leo. I start to think about all the people that had died. George, Sam, Dave and now probably Leo. 

"You alright y/n?" Minho asks,

"Yeah just thinking" I answer. I go into my hammock and listen to Leo screaming. We wake up and realise that we should have banished him last night as we can't banish him with the doors open because he could just come back. We keep in the slammer and all do our jobs apart from all the runners who take their break today. Me, Minho and Nick work with Newt and Zart in the others and Ben helps Gally build a shed. Frypan makes us all lunch and Minho checks up on Leo. It is nearly time for the maze doors to close so I get us all spears and Gally grabs Leo from the Slammer. 

"Right everyone grab a spear." I say. Gally puts Leo in front of the North door and the Gladers gather around him. "When I say push move a couple of steps closer to Leo. If he comes near you don't be afraid to hurt him. Soon enough we should force him into the maze" 

"PLEASE PLEASE NOO, PLEASE DON'T MAKE ME GO OUT THERE" Leo screams.

"PUSH" I shout. We all move a couple steps closer to him and he starts to walk closer towards us. "PUSH" I say again. Leo is right by the door now and the walls start to close. We keep on getting closer towards him and he carries on screaming. We then force him down the middle of the gap and he sprints because otherwise he would get crushed. Then the walls completely shut. We all stay silent until Zart and Alby go off. I go towards the wall with the names on and I cross his name out. 

"He would have killed us y/n" Minho assures me, "We did what we had to do" 

"Minho's right. We couldn't  have him murdering anyone" Newt says. I nod my head and he hugs me. He takes me back to his hammock and I sob softly.