Argument

The rest of the night we all sang and danced and went to bed extremely late. We didn't get much time to rest because we had to go running. I woke up all hungover and so did most of the other Gladers. The runners enter the maze and we look around. Everything is the same as usual; we run around for a couple more hours and then turn back to the Glade. Frypan makes us donuts as a treat (I don't know how he got the ingredients for it) and all the boys gather around the bonfire as usual. 

6 days later....

I haven't seen much of Newt lately but he is busy and so am I. He walks over to me whilst I am helping Billy clean the homestead and says,

"Y/n can I talk to you?" 

"Sure" I reply. We leave Billy and go into our hut. "What's wrong"

"I don't know how to say this but I don't think this is working out"

"What why" I ask concerned.

"Well I hardly see you all day and when I do you have nothing to say to me. At the start it was fun and something different but it has got extremely repetitive"

"But Newt it's my job to go out and run. I have to do it to get us out of here even if it means I have to go out all day"

"I KNOW BUT YOU NEVER SEEM TO HAVE TIME FOR ME" He shouts

"Newt you mean the world to me" I say crying "But you can't expect me to do everything for you. I have jobs to do. I need to keep the Gladers in line"

"Why can't Minho do it or even Gally. You don't need to run. You could get hurt and Minho is perfectly capable of doing it without you"

"Newt we have already had this conversation" I say shouting, "I go out there to protect you, TO PROTECT THE GLADERS"

"Y/n this isn't working" He says tearing up, "I can't do this"

"What so it's either I'm runner or I pick you" I exclaim "You expect me to chose? I can't do that Newt so your going to have to decide to accept it or not"

"In that case I don't accept it" He leaves the hut and slams the door. I start bursting into tears and Minho runs in.

"It's going to be okay y/n" He says,

"JUST LEAVE ME ALONE. WHY CAN'T ANYONE ACCEPT ANYTHING"

"I'm just trying to help y/n"

"THEN STOP HELPING" I scream,

"If that's what you want" He states. He leaves the hut and it's me alone again. I crawl into a ball and sob. I want to leave. I need to get away from everyone. I need to be alone.