11

Liv's POV- 10 minutes earlier

Me, Freya, Gee, Emily, Will, Chip, JJ, Harry and Simon had all just arrived at a nice looking little pub for the last drinks of the night before we headed back to the villa.

The other lads were still off finishing a pool war that had been waging since our first bar so we'd left them to it.

I got a quiet moment alone when Freya, Gee and Emily went to get the drinks in and Chip and Will took a rather drunk JJ to the toilet. I offered to grab us a big table out in the beer garden. I needed that minute alone.

I loved my friends but I needed that minute to collect my thoughts and refrain from bringing up the group chat. I didn't want a fight to start over something so petty, but I was mad. Hurt even.

Simon and I had been really close for six years now and yes we flirted a lot- as a joke- but that was because we were close. I was so terrified of tarnishing that friendship over our idiot friends brewing up a 'relationship' he didn't want.

Retrospectively speaking- I should have known them that liked Simon more then a friend, but the reason I'd never entertained the thought of him that way, was because I thought he'd never think of me like that. And after a year of rocky friendship back when we first met and didn't get along, I cherished how close we were.

I'd been single for a while now. My last relationship had been about ten months long and I'd honestly been in love. But it wasn't right. The guy was intimidated by my successful channel and my strong carrier and the fact that I had a predominantly male friend group so when it all became 'too much' for his flimsy ego- he cheated.

Will was hesitant to so much as let me look at boys after that, but i'd been on a few dates over the past two years.

However, nothing came of them, I was sad and frustrated both romantically and sexually but I wasn't ready to jump Simon's bones for some kind of release. I didn't do hook ups and he meant too much to me.

Sitting there alone outside that Ibiza bar I began to spiral into an existential spiral of self-hate for my own awkwardness towards dating and my feeling and anger at my friends for forcing me into thinking about Simon. His cute smile and adorable laugh, his handsome face Abs charming personality. The way he ran his hand through his hair when he was nervous and the little dimples he got when he laughed And smiled. I loved Simon Minter. Whether that was as friend or as more, that's what I wasn't sure of.

But as I sat there outside, alone- I failed to notice two things. One- I was crying and two- Simon had followed me out.

It was surprisingly quiet out on the street when I sat down at a small table and sighed with my head in my hands and my body titled down as I started at my shoes.

But then I heard his voice. The humid, Spanish air with it's slight coastal breeze was cut by his smooth voice that broke me from my wallowing.

"Ollie?" I heard him and I sniffled trying to hide my newly-realised tears. "He...hey." I tried to play it off wiping my eyes and looking up praying my face wasn't streaked with mascara.

"What's wrong?" He asked and I shrugged, "nothing."
"Liar." He said before he gently sat down beside me on the bench. "What's wrong?" He repeated.

"I...." I gave up, "I'm just......I'm just feeling lonely." I admired and instead of laughing like most would, Simon just took my hand in his. "Liv why's that?"
"Something the others have, not so kindly, pointed out......I'm 'cripplingly single'." I quoted my earlier self.

"You're crying cause you're single?" He asked and I shuck my head, "not just that.....I don't know why I'm crying, I'm just.....I'm mad...the group they've.....they've...." how would he react.

"Is this about the teasing? Cause if their jokes are getting to you I'll tell them it's not funny anymore." He said realising how bothered I was. "It's not that......they.....they've got a group chat." I hiccuped my crying finally subsided in my chest.

"A group chat?" He repeated confused. "A...about us......'Operation Olimon'."
"Jesus." Was his only reply, "they......they really did that?!" He yelled his voice making me look up at him. He was angry.

"I was pissed too." I told him.
"They're talking about us like that.....behind our backs." I said and he nodded, now pacing in front of me. "Jesus!"

He huffed and threw himself down into the bench beside me, I stood up, trying to calm him down. "Si.....Simon."
"Why would they do that? What do they think because they chat about us and try and force a relationship it's just gonna happen?!" He demanded and I shrugged holding his shoulder supportively.

"I don't wanna start a fight." I warned and he nodded. "I know.....but.....but for the rest of the holiday that's all I'm gonna think about......every time we speak, or go near one another they're gonna be on that bloody chat." He sighed.

"I know Si.....maybe we should do something to throw them off?" J offered an idea. "Like make them think there's actually something going on then catch them in the act of going on the chat- then we can make them delete the chat." I explained my plan.

He took a minute to think then he looked up at me. "Olivia Lenney you're a genius." He said and I smiled- genuinely- for the first time that night.

"Why thank you........do you think Will's in the chat?" I asked and he shuck his head. "Nah your brothers neurotic enough." He joked and I laughed.

"I really hope you know I love you Si....." then I realised what I'd 'admitted' "as a friend".

"I....I love you too Liv."

Simon's PoV
Why did it hurt to hear her say "as a friend"?

Did I really like her that much?

Would us 'pretending something's actually going on' effect that?

Would it ruin things?

But I didn't get an answer then because Liv threw herself at me and I hugged her back both of us laughing at I don't know what.

We stayed like that for some time, before we heard our friends voices and quickly pulled away. "Mission catch our friends in the shit.....is ago."