47

The minute Liv stopped her sentence the whole room went silent

Other then the sound of a plastic cup falling and hitting the tiled kitchen floor behind the couple.

All of the family members had differing reactions.

After the silence, Luke gave a spluttering turret of shocked coughs set of by a sudden gasp that left this chest a wheezing cavern as Will patted his back rather unhelpfully.

Dotty grasped her chest with a hand muttering "good lord" or something to the same extent under her breath. While Andy gave a small raise of his brows and a crack of his knuckles that set particularity Simon's mind to panic mode.

Then there was poor Sophie who's drink was now all across her sister's kitchen and who's mouth was covered by shocked hands.

Finally Mark and Bonnie gave the most stoic responses. Mark simoly say with his head tilted down and balanced in his hands, braced at the elbows on his knees. While Bonnie simply sat and stared.

Then she muttered the first real word since the shocking revelation.

"Pregnant?" Bonnie breathed out in a shocked mumble, her eyes fixed on her eldest who was stood; shaking, grasping her boyfriend's arm and nodding with a bright red face.

"Ye......yeah." She replied. "Three months." She mumbled her deep brown eyes boring into her mother's, begging for anything remotely positive from the older woman.

"Pregnant.....as in with a baby." Her mother stuttered and Liv's face began to fall. Her mother was either too shocked or too horrified to properly ask questions. "Yes......I am......Simon and I are gonna be parents."

"This is why I told you not to let her move down here Bonnie." Claudia spoke next the three generations of women now locked in a dangerously tense triangle as the drink that had slipped from Sophie's hand began to seep across the kitchen floor, and no one made any attempt to go and mop it up.

"Mam please-." Bonnie started.
"No dear, this is exactly what happened when I let you move in with Mark too early."
"Gran!" Will wheezed out, now moving from beside Luke I. The door way with a suddenly mortified expression.

"We all know Liv wasn't planned dear and this accident definitely wasn't."
"All do respect Claudia, could you please stop." Simon finally spoke up his pale face impossibly paler then usual.

"Respect? You've knocked up my granddaughter. You two want to deal in respect? Look at your poor parents Olivia!" Claudia cruelly turned on the young couple, glowering at them over her second glass of wine that afternoon.

"I beg your pardon Claudia?" Dotty spoke now making all three of her non-spotlighted children cower behind the rest of their adult family.

The two grandmothers were both now standing while Dotty held Mark's shoulder supportively and Claudia pointed accusingly at her own child and grandchild. "I don't know where I went wrong with you Bonnie, but clearly the Apple hasn't fallen far from the tree here has it?.....no real job, living in some mansden in London? Pregnant! Not even married!......what did you do to this one Bonnie!" Claudia wailed at her eldest daughter who was now sat tearing up her hand grasping her own arm hard.