43

Filming their last sidemen Sunday before the wedding, was strange for all of the boys. It felt like the end of a chapter. They were growing up, and it was happening rather swiftly. Josh would be a married man and the rest of them were in serious relationships and their careers were taking off. Nothing would really be changing, but still, none of them could quite shake the feeling that they were loosing their youth.

They finished off their usual outro, said thank you to their camera team and packed up their various cameras and tripods before they all huddled together in a group hug.

A weird feeling of solace had fallen over the group, some how mourning the end of an era, but also high with the excitement of a new chapter opening in their lives.

"Well I guess I'll see you guys at the hotel on Friday." Josh spoke first.
"That you will Lad......you ready?" Harry asked him as they all stood collecting themselves.

"I don't think I've ever been more ready." He replied and they all beamed at him.

Their best mate was getting hitched.

-.-.-.-.-

JJ had decided not to head straight home, while Simon had forced Liv into agreeing to a movie night in.

He'd not seen her all week as she was busy running maid of honour errands and uploading her pre-scheduled videos. He'd seen her stressed before but this was a new level. And part of him was starting to suspect that she wasn't just avoiding distractions......but avoiding him too.

He was already expecting her to be at his and JJ's flat when he got home, he'd given her a key months ago and she was free because she was surprisingly free of filming that day.

So when his car arrived home from their shoot later then usual, that day and he was met with his girlfriend of eleven months and two weeks, waiting outside of his flat building; soaked though by the rain and a worried look on her face, he was taken utterly by surprise.

The parking lot was dark in the mid-November evening and the only light over her was a single street lamp she stood under near the doorway.

In her hand she grasped a single Starbucks cup, while she smiled weakly upon seeing him climbing out of his car.

"Hey?!....it's raining, how come you're out here?" He called as he held his discarded jacket over his head and ran to cover her's too.

As he jogged away from his car and towards her softly quacking figure he could see the conflicted thoughts brewing in her eyes and he slowly became more nervous of what she was doing there.

"I walked.......needed to clear my head.....then I realised I left my keys at home.....So I waited for you." She replied a slight tremble to her words. "Well let's get you inside.....it's freezing." Simon held the coat over their heads as he pushed his body against her back and moved them both towards the door.

"Is there something wrong?" He asked guiding her inside the door after unlocking the building with one hand and the other laid soothingly on her waist. "I......no no there isn't." She stuttered nervously.

"So you just decided to go get a coffee at seven at night in the rain for fun?" He questioned turning away from the door he had relocked then guiding her over to the lift/elevator.

"It's hot chocolate." She shrugged cracking a slight smile as he rolled his eyes. Off course that's what she focuses on- he got the drink wrong.

"So a hot chocolate at seven at night?"
"I just went for a walk.....I got cold.....I got a drink......then I ended up locked out of your building.....that's all." She started looking up into his face for the first time, properly making eye contact and not flinching away from it like she had been doing.

"So you're sure there's nothing wrong?"
"Yep, there's nothing.....I just......I wanted to see you." She said, and he slowly nodded- but he was still unconvinced. "Well you were seeing me anyway." He replied in a teasingly 'duh' tone. But the weak smile she gave him in return was one that made him slightly nervous as to what it was she was truly there for.

The two climbed into the lift in silence and Simon typed in the access code for the top floor so they could get to his and JJ's and then they both fell into a series of slow, quiet breaths and awkward glances as the doors closed and the lift slowly ascended.

Half way up Simon finally broke, unable to take the eerie quiet any longer. "What's going on?" He demanded turning to fully stare at Liv as she trembled beside him.

"Simon I-."
"You're acting super weird and it's freaking me out." He admitted, cutting off her stuttered scramble for a response. "You're scaring me Livvy."

"I didn't mean to, I just........I found something out this morning and I was terrified Si.....I......I didn't know what to do and....."
"What is it Livvy? Are you okay? Is everyone at home okay?" He asked suddenly concerned for her.

"What?....yeah yeah everyone's fine......it's just.........I....." she took a deep, shuddering breath. "I'm pregnant."