34

TW continued. Sorry.

Jj's PoV

I'd never seen Simon so frantic. He was sprinting full force towards the elevator after verbally abusing the poor woman at the desk that I had to throw a swift and fleeting apology to before I ran after him again.

We'd ditched my car in the parking space and ran for the door, soaking ourselves under the now thundering rain. He was desperately running until he was hitting the elevator buttons feverishly. Ethan had said over the phone that Will was in a similar state but seeing the usually calm Simon Minter so crazy was scaring me.

I'd known Simon as my best friend since school and now here he was a panicked mess over a girl who we all cared so deeply about. But only now did I realise how in love with her Simon really was. Olivia Lenney was my best mate's world.

"Why won't this fucking elevator go any fucking faster!" Simon seethed as he paced the metal box we found ourselves in as we passed through the second, then third, then fourth floors. "Bro calm down.....she'll need you to be calm." I told him but she shrugged off my hand of comfort on his shoulder. "Calm! How can I be fucking calm JJ! You heard what Ethan said too! What someone did to her!" He yelled and I nodded solemnly. "I know man. But think about Liv."

"I know.....I'm just so worried and sorry for her and.....and I love her so much.....I can't imagine seeing her hurt and-."
"Simon man, I get it.......you love her. We all do. Maybe not in the way you do or even as much as you do- but trust me we're all keeping it together for Liv and for you and Will." I told him, hearing the oddly mature tone in my own voice that I hated to hear.

"Come on." He grabbed my arm as the elevator finally reached the right floor and together we both ran through the halls until we reached the one where we found our congregated friends.

All of the Eboys bar Will, along with Tobi, Harry, Ethan, Freya, Josh and Cal were stood and sat around with coffees and worried faces. "What's going on?" I spoke letting them know we had arrived.

"Where's Liv?" Simon instantly asked with an almost pleading tone. "She's with Will talking to the doctor." James spoke up as Freya gently hugged Simon followed by Cal then Harry, then Josh.

"Can I?-."
"She's been asking for you." Alex then spoke from his position sitting cross-legged on the ground beside James' feet.

Simon nodded pointing at the nearest room and Freya nodded at him silently. We all watched as he slowly pushed on the door till he moved in and headed into the room.

"He alright?" Harry asked me and I shuck my head, "he's angry like all of us.....and.......and I don't think I've ever seen Simon love someone so much.....he was so distraught fam." I told them all and they all nodded. "He looked like Hell." Cal commented.

"Can't have been worse then Liv.....how was she?"
"Bad JJ.....bad."

-.-.-.-.-

Liv's POV

"Simon." Will breathed out and my head slowly turned to see my broken looking boyfriend sheepishly moving into the room. "Oh my god." He whispered and my heart broken even more. He looked so scared and so worried.

I know I was the one in the hospital bed and gown with all the bruises and cuts. But he was the one who looked terrified. I hated hospitals, since I was a kid. But seeing him walk through the door warmed me slightly in the cold room.

My brother and friends had been in and out, Will now refusing to leave my bedside since he was aloud in. They were holding me over night after setting my shoulder so I could have some slightly stronger medication to help me sleep off the trauma then I would be being sent home with ten stitches a sling to hold my fractured shoulder and broken wrist and a few other bruises for my troubles. Thank fucking god for the NHS and UK free health care. These people were real heros.

"Hi Baby." I mumbled letting a small smile come across my bare face. I felt nude without my make up and only in the thin hospital dress but I didn't have anyone to impress even if I wanted to. My brother and boyfriend didn't care how I looked.

I had felt weak. But now as the pain came through the adrenaline and the crushing reality of what I had narrowly escaped came crashing down on me and all I could feel was relief and anger.

I wasn't weak. I smacked that fucker and ran for my life. Yes I felt stupid for putting myself on that street but it was not my fault. I was the strong one. So I wasn't sad, or traumatised (or at least that's what I told myself) I was angry.

"I'm sorry you got dragged out of Jj's meeting." I said and he shuck his head with a baffled laugh. "That's what you're thinking about right now?" I nodded at his question. "Well you Olivia Lenney are mental." He said and I smiled gently for the first time that day.

"Liv oh my god

"Liv oh my god." Simon then moved quicker until he was sitting on the end of my bed gently pulling me carefully into a tight hug, his hair buried in the painless side of my shoulders and his tears slowly soaking my skin. "I'm so sorry." He sobbed and I nodded against his head.

"What for?"
"For not being with you today- I'd give anything to take this all away from you, all this pain." He told me and my heart melted there and then.

"Gosh I love you."
"And that's my cue to leave." I heard Will mumble not before I pulled Simon's face to look me in the eye.

"I was so scared.....I.....I-."
"It's ok." He said and he wasn't entirely wrong.

Yes I was hurt, both physically and mentally but in that moment, safe in his arms. I was ok and I knew if I stayed here then maybe I would remain ok.