39

Miniminter7:

Miniminter7: Well aren't I lucky

Freyanightingale: Simon minter you thieving son of a-

^SweetOlive: dw Frey you're still the loml xx

Zerkaa: feeling betrayed

^Miniminter7: same

LukeL: will you two please come back inside so we can finish booking the taxis? Your little photo shoot can wait- Sophie

^SweetOlive: keep your knickers on! We're coming in now

WillNE: stop making thirst posts about my sister 😡

^Miniminter7: 🏳

-.-.-.-.-
Simon's POV

The four Lenney siblings, their mother, grandmother and I all piled into the minvan taxi set for the local working man's club where the birthday party was being held. The whole journey my hand never left Liv's knee and she smiled the whole time, holding it there to reassure me that I would do just fine.

Bonnie and Dotty took the whole journey as an opportunity to question me about seemingly every single aspect of my life. My family, my childhood, education and current work- even our circle of friends.

To say the least, my nervousness did not improve. It was strange watching Liv interacting with her family.

Strange in a good way, off course. She seemed more at peace. As if she was anchored in a way, not floating around the way she was with our friends lately.

With her gran and mum smiling across the van at us and her brothers and sister bickering amongst themselves beside us, she seemed in her element.

I was happy to see her letting loose, smiling naturally- for the first time since the incident the month before.

Her hand that held mine was warm and comforting while her soft skin felt like silk against my own and her cold rings felt like ice on my burning hands. Her other hand lay limp in her lap still in it's cast but she was comfortable non the less.

I gripped her knee gently to tell her I was here, but also in a way of seeking her comfort in this nerve racking time. I was about to meet her father, grandfather and the majority of her extended family.

Luke, Sophie and Bonnie had been relative walks in the park. I was scared, but not yet crapping my trousers. However with Nana Dotty it had been slightly scarier, she was way more intimidating.

Liv's father Mark and her Grandad Andy were a whole other ball game.

The minivan soon came to a jittery halt and the door was opened. Liv gave a slight shiver and I looked down to see her covering her arms and wrapping them around herself as a cool winter breeze passed into the van and penetrated her rather thin fancy top. "Cold?" I mumbled to her and she nodded discreetly while her mum payed for the taxi and we all clambered out.