42

"Can't we just stay here?" Gee sighed into her second cocktail of the hour from across the table as we all sat out in the hotel beer garden. "Well we kind of have a wedding to be home for on Saturday." Katie joked back and we all laughed. Kay nudged Freya who was sitting with a warm smile as she watched all of us, "yeah, how you feeling Mrs-soon-to-be-Bradley?"

"I just can't wait to marry Josh." She beamed and we all awed at her. It was amazing seeing my best friend so happy. "We're all so happy for you Frey." I spoke up looking at her dead in the eyes from across the table and willing her to absorb all the love and well wishes I was sending her way.

"Thanks Livvy......and thanks for this weekend." She smiled back and Katie patted my arm from where she sat beside me, "you did good."
"Tobi actually found the place while he was looking for hotels for Josh and the lads." I admitted and they all laughed. "So I think Mr Brown is owed your real thanks."

"You did a lot too love, looking after our bride-to-be." Freya's mum assured me from where she and Josh's mum sat nursing their wines in the corner of our booth. "I'm just sad Monica couldn't come, her and Freya used to be so close." Freya's mum sighed and I had to physically refrain from rolling my eyes.

Monica.

The same girl who had been put on a date with Simon by Freya and Josh, before we told everyone we were dating, and who- ever since- I had had to block on every single social platform because she had found and threatened to dox me.

Obviously I hadn't told Freya, it would break her heart. But Josh and Tobi knew so when it came to planning the hen party, obviously they helped me cover up her non-attendance.

But a little less could be said for the wedding. Where she was to be another bridesmaid.

Great.

It was gonna be a shit show if I was left alone with her with out Freya as a buffer so I prayed she kept her distance, for our friend's sake.

"Yeah it was such a shame. Tobi reached out to her but you know how busy she gets, right Frey." I tried passing off the Monica subject but Freya just shrugged with a slightly sad smile. "It's sad but, there's nothing we could have done with conflicting schedules....at least she'll be there on the day."

"Well, I propose a toast." Josh's mum interjected sending me a supportive look. Off course Josh told his mum.

"To my future daughter-in-law......it is an honour getting to welcome you into my family, officially, and I can't wait to spend your wedding day crying over you in that gorgeous dress dear......to Freya." Then as if we were all toasting some holy occasion we all raised our glasses and toasted the bride.

"To Freya."

-.-.-.-.-

Meanwhile with the boys...

Simon's PoV

"Simon lad.....how's things with you and Liv?" Cal asked as we all reclined in the bar vip booth. "Great thanks lad." I replied while all eyes turned to me. "Eleven months now right?" Ethan asked and I nodded. "It's coming up a year in two weeks." I confirmed and they all nodded at me.

"Good on you lad- she's a keeper." Harry patted my shoulder and I laughed, "I know."
"Speaking of Keepers.....Joshua Bradley- nearly a married man." Lux then interjected pointing his pint at Josh who shuck his head with a soft chuckle.

"Freya is..."
"The love of your life?" Vik asked and we all hummed and with a bashful smile Josh nodded. "Yeah, yeah she is."

"We're happy for you man." JJ said in an uncommonly serious voice to which a couple of tbt lads rang out in 'here here's and whoops of celebration. "To Josh!"

"To Josh!"

-.-.-.-.-

Snap chat

You have one chat from Ollie❤️

Ollie❤️

Morning bby. Ik you're probably hungover so I'll let you lie in. Just got home from the Lake District. Hope you had a lush weekend. Text me before you fly. Ily. Safe flight home xx

Simon couldn't help the smile that spread across his sleepy face as he opened up his phone to a Snapchat from his girlfriend

Her smiling face was what he loved waking up to every day, even if it could only be in picture form from his hotel room in Ibiza but it only made him happier to be going home that Monday morning.

Simoné ❤️

Not actually that hungover. I hope you had a nice weekend too. How was the spa? Gotta go wake up the other lads soon cause the flights at 1pm but I can ft now if you want. Ily2. Xx

He shot her a snap back then without waiting for a reply he found her contact in his phone and swiftly clicked the FaceTime emblem

The call connected quickly and a groggy morning voice hummed a small, "morning."
"Morning love." He smiled into the camera seeing his sleepy looking girlfriend smiling into the camera through her glasses that were now perched on her nose.

"What time did you leave the lakes?"
"We checked out of the hotel at six." She replied though a yawn.

"So you only just got home?" He asked eyeing the still unpacked suitcase behind her in the empty sitting room of her, Harry and Cal's flat.

"Yeah like half an hour ago.....it's like half ten here." She replied.
"Who drove the four hours?"
"Me and Freya's mum split it- her the first two till we dropped her off then I drove the rest of us home- Will picked me, Frey and Gee up from the party van rental place after we dropped off the minivan." She told him and he sighed.

"You look exhausted babe."
"Don't call me babe." She groaned in disgust and he chuckled. "You should go to bed.....I'll see you when we get home." But before he could hang up she sighed into the camera. "Wait Si!"

"What is it love?"
"Uhhhh....never mind......I love you, have a safe flight."

Then the line ended.

"Well that was weird." He mumbled to himself. But he shuck off that thought, before he decided he Best get out of bed and start getting the other boys ready to head home.

All the while, his mind on seeing Liv again.

Monica return arc?

What do yall thinks gonna happen?

Did you like this chapter?