18

Simon's POV
"You sure you can't come with us bro?" JJ asked, once again poking his head into my room and eyeing me with a suspicious face. "Positive, I've gotta do this thing tonight." I affirmed for what felt like the tenth time that evening.

"Ight, well if you change your mind shoot me a text." Then he was gone again, as quick as he had come in.

I hated not telling my mates about my date with Liv, but none of them could know that I was going out with her cause then it would 1) ruin the plan to prank them and 2) would get there hopes up when maybe me and Liv didn't work out.

Whenever I'm the past I'd had a crush on a girl JJ would be the first to know, he'd give me advice, granted it was often vulgar and useless, but it was still nice to have a best friend I could share anything with. It killed me hiding something so big from him.

Dates didn't terrify me but for some reason I was terribly nervous all day after Liv agreed to go out with me. I'd booked a reservation at a really nice restaurant in the centre of the city and I'd tried my hardest to pick out an outfit that impressed her, even though we'd been friends for years and she'd already seen me in some horrible states.

This night meant a lot to me.

I booked my taxi for half six so I could arrive at the tower for seven to pick up Liv. On my way out the door I yelled a quick good-bye to Vik who would be home alone before I locked up and made my way down the drive to the taxi.

The journey into the city was silent other then mine and the drivers breaths and the occasional cough or request to turn the ac up or down.

We reached the tower for dot on seven and I shot a shaky text to Liv, my hands moving nervously as I tried to compose the message.

She shot me back a text a few seconds later saying she was on her way down and the flurry of butterflies in my stomach did not cease to form a storm when I saw the outside door of the building being pushed open.

Under the street lights that eliminated the city street that dark winters night i caught my first glimpse of the absolute vision I was blessed to be spending my evening with.

As she moved closer I jolted myself to climb out of the classic black London taxi and held the door open for her as she slowly made her way towards me.

My breath caught in my throat and a giant grin over took my face as I tried to flatten my blazer jacket down a bit more over my dark blue dress shirt. I didn't wear a tie but the fancy shirt along with the dark blazer and my tight black jeans seemed so formal to me.

She watched me with an angelic smile before I caught her eye and she eventually reached the edge of the path in front of me.

Her hair was curled gently around her glowing face and her beautiful body was wrapped gorgeously into a form fitting dress that complemented her in a way of utter perfection.

"You look incredible." I breathed out the first word that I could form with out allowing every one of my thoughts erupt from my throat like some kind of compliment guiser.

"So do you." She smiled back her smooth, calming accent dripping through every word. "You dress up very well Mr Minter." I chuckled leaning down and giving her a kiss on her cheek before I stepped aside and held out a hand to help her into the taxi. "Why thank you Miss Lenney."

"Look at you being all chivalrous and formal....you gonna be opening all that doors for me and pulling out my chair?" She joked and I laughed.
"Well I did say I was gonna spoil you." I reminded her before I checked she was comfortable in the taxi, shut the door and ran around the other side to get in beside her.

"Well you don't have to, but that's very sweet." She said and I nodded,
"What's the point in taking a girl out of you don't treat her right?" I said and she smiled once again. I loved her smile.

"Fair point......so care to tell me what our mystery destination in?"
"La cocina divina." I told her, "the Mexican place on mayor's street."

The taxi moved off of the pavement and began our journey towards the restaurant as Liv watched me with a growing grin on her lips, "you really are spoiling me? At least let me get the drinks." She asked and I chuckled. "What kind of date would I be if I let you do that?"

"What kind of feminist would I be if I didn't make you let me?" She sassed back and I suddenly realised what was wrong here. Liv must be hating the idea of me doing everything for her, she wasn't the kind of girl to be pampered and bought for. "Sorry I'm not trying to be a showboating dick." I said and she nodded along, "I just really wanted to give you a good time." I admitted.

"It's fine Si, it's sweet you wanna wine and dine me......and I am gonna have a nice time......cause I'm here with you." She said and the happiness I felt was enormous.

"So please tell me, what made you choose 'The Divine Kitchen.?" She asked and I laughed.

Tonight was gonna be good. And I felt like the luckiest man alive.

-.-.-.-.-.-
Liv's POV
"Why do you look so nervous?" I asked Simon after a minute of silence when we'd been both been staring at our menus. I peaked up at him from over mine and he was nervously biting his lip as he read the options.

"Oh.....Er.......I-."
"You don't have to be nervous Si." I assured and he smiled gently, "you've brought me to an amazing restaurant that you know serves my favourite food, you've been really sweet and gentlemanly and you're just being you- so don't be nervous, you're doing great."

"Thanks Liv......I really wanted to impress you tonight. I just........I just want you to know how lucky I feel that you said yeah to going out with me."
"Why did you think I'd say no?" I jokingly asked but he didn't shake his head or laugh. "What you actually did?" I asked through a laugh. He sheepishly nodded. "Si I've been wanting to go out with you since we touched down back in London." I admitted and he smiled, I could just see his nerves ebbing away. 'Good, he's happy' I thought.

"Me too." He agreed. "You know what you want to order?" He asked pointing to my menu and I nodded, "the Quesabirria tacos are calling my name." I told him and he nodded.
"Wanna share a starter platter?" He asked and I shrugged, "sure, as long as you don't hog the nachos."

"Like i'd ever do that to you?"

This was the Simon I loved, the payed back, happy, stress free Simon.

Just looking at him there in that moment, smiling and laughing.

I knew I'd fallen hard.

And it wasn't just a little crush.

Crush. (Miniminter x oc) On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara