Chap 35

Sunoo looks at the clock. He seems worried. It has been over 10 minutes and Ni-Ki hasn't came out yet. Due to Sunoo's impatient, he ran straight into Ni-Ki's class to look for him. Empty. There's no one in the class. Sunoo looks around and thinks.  "Did Ni-Ki go with that b!tch again?". Sunoo quickly takes out his phone and press Jay's phone number.

-Hey babe.

-Stop it duh. By the way where's Ni-Ki?

-Idk.

-I'm not here to joke around. I can't call him.

-Maybe he's somewhere in the school.

-"maybe"?

-Yea, I got home early today.

-Then why can't you say it earlier? You are wasting my money and time.

-Huh didn't I told you that I don't kno....

"beep...beep..."

-Ugh! Here we go again.

Jay madly throws his phone in his backpack. This newlyweds couple sure is weird. Fixes his helmet. When he's about to press the gas pedal then he saw someone familiar.

-Hey, do you need a ride?

Jungwon looks up and got surprise when he saw Jay's "genuine" smile. Jungwon got a bit confused.

-Uhm no need....I'm just...taking a walk around here, thanks anyway...

Looking at Jungwon, he looks pathetic in the uniform. Jay doesn't bear to leave. 

-Just hop on. There's a lot of cars, how can you walk?

Jungwon is a type of person who can't refuse anyone. So he unwillingly sits on Jay's motorcycle's backseat. Then Jay rides away.

The river.

The lights shines warmly from a few restaurant nearby the river. There's a lot of couple sitting together and chat, Jungwon blushed when he walks pass a couple kissing each other, natural reflex, he turns away. Jay is not shy at all, he stares at that couple until they found out that someone is looking at them. Their faces got red and immediately got somewhere else. Jay laughs joyfully.

-Haha this joke never get old. I can't believe it still works!

Jungwon tries to smiles.

-Oh yea, exactly, why are you not going with Sunoo today?

-....he's....really mad at me...

-What happened?

Jungwon looks to the river, smiles sadly.

-Because my emasculation could destroy his reputation.

Jay looks at Jungwon. His clothes is all dirty and there's lots of scratches on him. Jay slowly understands.

Jungwon's eyes got deep. He flashback on the past few weeks being friends with Sunoo, it has been very fun. He doesn't feel lonely anymore. Though he's only Sunoo's chef but Sunoo never treated him badly. But until today, he realizes, Sunoo never thought about him as a friend. It's only Jungwon who thought that they're friends. 

"- You should remember that you're now my chef. Do you remember what reputation did I have in this school? Why are you're so weak? You should at least be braver."

Jungwon sobs, after all, he's still a loner.

Jay got startled when Jungwon started sobbing, he turns around and saw Jungwon quickly swipes away his tears. Jay holds Jungwon's hand.

-What happened with your hand?

-A...a..it's just a few scratches.

Jay seems a bit mad, he holds Jungwon's hand tightly.

-You should've been careful....

Jungwon got confused and blushed after he heard that.

-....because this hand is gonna feed me good food instead of instant noddles :<.

Jay looks sad, his face looks like Jungwon's his last hope. Jungwon laughs, though he knows that Jay only cared for him because he's afraid that he'll have to eat instant noodles again, but Jungwon felt better.

-Okay..I will.

____________

On the other side of the river.

-Didn't you told me everything yesterday? Why do you call me here? What do you want?

-It's nothing, I just wanna see you...

-Then bye.

Ni-Ki puts his hands in his pockets, turns around, about to walk away. Suyeon doesn't chases after him but smiles.

-You still love me don't you? If not then you wouldn't came here just to says two sentences.

It shows that Suyeon definitely understands Ni-Ki because he immediately stopped. She slowly walks towards him, wraps her arms around his neck.

-Let's start again. Let go of the past and build the future. For both of us.

Ni-Ki smirked, takes her arms off.

-Nonsense. This is the last time I'm gonna see you, be gone, never show up in front of my eyes ever again.

-You don't want to meet me again because you are afraid of falling in love with me again right?

-I don't repeat a mistake two times.

-Okay you don't repeat, but you never stopped loving me am I right?

-You're too confident.

-Because I understands.

-Understand? Then why would you leave me here alone back then. Is that what you call understand? You left me cause of your future. And now you wanna start again? Be gone.

-I....I....

Ni-Ki doesn't want to say anything more. He walks fast but Suyeon wouldn't let him go that easy. She pulls him back, kiss him on the lips. Ni-Ki got surprise, but he didn't push her out.

-Bland.

Ni-Ki leave Suyeon a disgusted look and walks away. She's not mad, but slightly sad, Suyeon touches her lips.

-Is it true...that you don't love me anymore?