Chap 47

The doctor pushes his glasses up, looks at the result paper. He frowned slightly and says with a serious voice.

-Sunoo, how do you feel recently?

This is the doctor that has been following and helping Sunoo with his disease since he was little, he's the one he knows the best about his disease. Sunoo mess around with the stack of paper on the doctor's desk, then he shakes his head.

-I still feels normal, nothing too serious.

The doctor looks at him, takes off his glasses then sighs.

-You know, your leg....is seriously injured, but.....when you fainted, it's not because of that wound.

Sunoo immediately looks at the doctor. The doctor slowly continues, every single word of his is like a needle pinching in Sunoo's heart.

-That's...your first symptom...

____________________

Back to when they're in the forest.

Sunoo rest on Ni-Ki's back, he wraps his arms around Ni-Ki and hugs him tightly.

-Honey.....

-.....

-Did I told you that I love you today?

-.....wait...what?????

Ni-Ki got startled, Sunoo still calmly repeat his question.

-Did I said that I love you today?

-.....you didn't...

-Okay then I already said it hehe.

-Are you crazy?

Ni-Ki doesn't understand anything. His "wife"'s mood is so unusual and weird, he can't never catch up with it. Sunoo rests his head on Ni-Ki's shoulder.

-I just wish that this moment would never end.

-You're not the one who need to carry someone so of course you want that.

No answers. When Ni-Ki looks back then SUnoo is already asleep. Ni-Ki sighs, keeps on going.

This guy have a shoulder that's so trustworthy and warm, but will it be enough for Sunoo to rely on to overcome his fate?

__________________

Sunoo wakes up and realizes that he's going with a very fast speed. The winds keeps on passing his face, he takes a sneak peak and got surprised when he saw that the sky keeps on moving, and the lines of trees keeps on slipping behind. He's on the back of a truck. Then Sunoo got worried and looks around, then he felt relieved when he saw Ni-Ki lying there and sleeping peacefully next to him. Sunoo rubs his legs, it feels way better now. He pushes himself up and does some stretches, he happily looks at the sky. The sky is very blue today, and there's no clouds. So in conclusion Ni-Ki had carried him for the whole entire day already. Sunoo moves closer to Ni-Ki, gently puts Ni-Ki's head on his shoulder.  

-You did a good job honey. Thank you.

After a while looking at the sky Sunoo suddenly notice the big, giant covered thing that is placed in the middle of the truck. He used his legs to flip the piece of fabric that is covering that thing up but he only flipped a small corner, but that's enough to see what's inside. Sunoo's eyes sparkles, he forgot everything and juts runs towards that big stuff. Ni-Ki that is lying on Sunoo, falls down.

-What the fvck?

Ni-Ki wakes up, he rubs his head and cursed. Sunoo sees that he's awake now, Sunoo got even more excited, pulls him towards that giant thing.

-Honey honey, take a look at this.

Ni-Ki was about to scold Sunoo then he stays silent. A piano is there, a glossy black shines, Sunoo gladly sits on the piano's chair and plays some random keys.

Then Sunoo suddenly clears his throat, acting serious, he held out his hand to fix some "invisible bow". 

-Ehem, today, I will play a melody as a thank you to my dear Ni-Ki for saving me out from such a wild and dangerous place. 

Ni-Ki smiles, he's looking forward for what Sunoo will do next. Sunoo also smiles, then he held out his hand to press lightly on the keys, but only for a few first note, after that he got all the notes wrong, Sunoo frowned and attempts to do it again, but no better. Ni-Ki sighs and shakes his head, then he sits down next to Sunoo and....plays.

The melody blends in with the sunshines, deep but beautiful. It's like the winds, it's blows deep into the souls of whose who listens to it. Sunoo got lost into Ni-Ki, it's like he has been hypnotized. After a while, Ni-Ki suddenly stops.

-Why don't you continue?

Sunoo got a bit mad, asks.

-I don't like to.

Ni-Ki coldly replies.

-Is it because of that accident so you...

-How do you know?

-Mom...she told me.

-......

-Dreams.....can we give them up so easily?

-Dreams?

Ni-Ki laughs hollowly. The coldest laugh he has ever seen from Ni-Ki.

-What do you know about MY dreams?

-Nothing.

-Then do you have the right to judge me?

-At least I don't give up that easily.

-You think I gave up?

-If you don't try and fight for it, it means that you gave up.

Ni-Ki looks up on the sky, sighs.

-Because I'm fed up.

-Fed up? Of your dreams?

-That's my parent's dreams, it has never been mine.

-......

-I'm fed up of hearing "the amazing melody" or "the hypnotizing melody", the deep judgement from others and the judges. It is so deep that I can't even understand it. I'm fed up of every time I sit in and plays the piano, I got surrounded by others, I'm tired of the nickname "Piano Prodigy".

-If you plays the piano then I will also surrounds you.

-.....

-But it's not because of your melody...

Sunoo press a random key, the note cuts through the whole atmosphere. 

-...it's because of the way you plays the piano.

Ni-Ki looks at Sunoo, he seems surprise, Sunoo moves closer to Ni-Ki.

-Your face expressions, it's amazing.

Sunoo smiles widely, then held out his hand and thumbs up.

- I like you when you're playing the piano, your eyes seems like you don't mind everything that's happening around you. You looks so peaceful with no worries. It seems like you have seperated into an another world. Your own world.

Ni-Ki stares at Sunoo, did he know that right now, he looks amazing too? The melody suddenly came up and broke the his concentration. Sunoo is playing the piano, to be exact he's randomly playing a few notes. 

-Dreams sometimes can be tiring, as for me, if we want to, then we do it, we don't need to care much at all, right?

Sunoo smiles and plays a few more keys, Ni-Ki smiles, then he plays. The melody sounds freely, without anything stopping it, and sometimes Sunoo also plays a few notes, made a not-so-completed melody but a completely perfect one. 

We don't know if Sunoo will notices, but the thing that's called Ni-Ki's own world, is not his own anymore.