Chap 40

Ni-Ki got shocked, what did Sunoo just said? Looking after Sunoo who's walking upstairs, his heart throbbed slightly. Ni-Ki didn't mean to say like that. It's just.., after seeing an another guy that walks him home, made Ni-Ki's mood bad. So he let it all out on Sunoo.

Ni-Ki sighs, he put his back down on the couch. A normal night suddenly seems like an entire century...

Next morning, Ni-Ki runs upstairs, he decided to meet Sunoo to make what happened yesterday clear and apologize to him, but.....there's no one in the room. The bed has been made, Sunoo left the house early today.

___________________

-Where's the money for today?

-I....I don't have more......you...you took it all..

-Liar, you just don't want to give us the money. Sisters, go and beat him up.

These sounds because a must have in this whole week. All of these days, days by days, Jungwon has to suffers and got bullied. But the most painful part is when Sunoo passed by with cold look. Same goes for today. Those bullies are no longer afraid of Sunoo when he passed by, Sunoo walks to his class, suddenly, he stops. The bullies sense danger coming up so they immediately stops. Everything got quiet. Jungwon tries to pushes himself to stands up. His hair is so messed up that he can't even know what's going on around him. He only saw when a person bents down to his ear, whisper. 

-Are you fed up?

Jungwon bites his lips, holds his pants so tight that the whole area got wrinkled, he sobs loudly, says but his volume seems like he's shouting.

-Fed up.....I'm so fed up with this happening day after day. Just please....

Sunoo smiles satisfy.

-If so, hit them back.

Sunoo stands up and says to the bullies.

-You should hit him even harder, if you hit him until he got into the hospital then his parents will gives him the hospital fee, then you can take that money and use.

The bullies got surprise. But then they thought what Sunoo said does make sense. Immediately pulls Jungwon's hair backwards and hit him even harder. Sunoo steps back, shouted to Jungwon.

-Hit them.

Jungwon immediately uses all his strength to pushes the one holding his hair out, then he kicks all the other ones. They got shocked and confused, this is the first time Jungwon dares to stand up to them. But if we compare Jungwon which is only one to the bullies who actually 7 students. How can he actually hit them back? But whatever, Jungwon tried his best to stand up at them. Now, Sunoo steps in.

-That's-enough.

Just only a sentence but it's enough to make all of them scared. They stopped immediately. Sunoo walks near Jungwon and helps him up.

-From now, Jungwon is my people.

-Sun...Sunoo...

-What? Do you have a problem?

-N...no..no.

No one answers, only madly looks at Sunoo pulling Jungwon away.

-You, 3 rounds, kiddo, you're 5 rounds. Start.

Sunoo sits down on the bench, calmly says to Jungwon and Sunghoon. The school yard is almost 800 meters a round. Only looking at it made them tired, how could they run? Maybe they could collapse somewhere while running. But it's better compare to collapsing under Sunoo's hand. 

Jungwon breath heavily. Sits next to Sunoo. He drinks the water like he has been in the desert for the past month. His face is like a tomato, sweats everywhere.

-You must really hate me.

Sunoo says. Jungwon opens his eyes widely after hearing that. He blinks, drink a bit more and says quietly.

-A bit...

Sunoo smiles, but a sad smile. Jungwon continues.

-....because it has been long since you spoke with me.

Jungwon looks down and says, he blushes a bit. Deep inside, he actually really like and appreciate a friend like Sunoo, and he always waited for Sunoo to strike a conversation with him. This time Sunoo smiles happily, he felt that he's lucky to have a friend like Jungwon.

-Sunoooooooo, I....can't....run...anymore.

-Be quiet and keep on going kid.

Sunghoon complains a bit then keeps on going to finish his last round. He looks like he sulking Sunoo. Jungwon and Sunoo looks at each other, laughs loudly.

___________________

-You don't have to come visit me everyday.

Min Suyeon smiles softly, closes the book, holds Ni-Ki's hand. But he take his hand back, looks away.

-You don't need to say that. I didn't wanna come. I came because of responsibilities.

-Responsibilities? I thought you said that there's nothing between us.

-Exactly, I wanna talk about the responsibilities that the husband have to take when his wife does something wrong.

Suyeon frowned, acting like she's unhappy.

-So you came here just because of him???

-That's only an accident. Don't make it more complicated.

-Accident? Who would actually believes that as an accident? There's no such accident. 

Ni-Ki looks at the clock, picks up his backpack and walks out. Says.

-Whatever, even if it's caused on purpose, the one who's standing behind it is definitely not Sunoo.

-You trusted him a lot don't you?

-Because he's not like you.

*slams*

The door slams closes. Suyeon madly knocks over the flowers, how dare he compare her to that guy? How shameful, but, she quickly takes her smile back, the tulips that Ni-Ki brought in everyday exposed Ni-Ki's lie, he's still in love with her. It must be, and that's enough, she's confident that Ni-Ki will be hers again, soon enough.