Chapter 28

When Khushi didn't find Arnav in the living room, she looked around and saw that the back door was opened. She walked towards the door and saw Arnav standing outside and looking in the direction of the sky. There was a smile adorning his lips. Smiling, she went back to the kitchen. She made two plates and returned to him.

Khushi: are you counting the stars? (she asked after standing beside him)

When Arnav turned and smiled at her, she handed him his plate which he took.

Arnav: ha. My count reached 99 stars until you arrived.

Khushi: and what happened after my arrival?

Arnav (having the roti): something which made me forget to count the rest.

Khushi: start counting again then. (she teased while chewing)

Arnav: I don't have to.

Khushi: why? You were happily looking at the sky when I arrived.

Arnav: when the reason of my happiness is beside me, why would I have to search for the happy memories while looking at the sky?

Khushi chuckled hearing those words. She was happy that she could experience those feelings which she always dreamed about. But she never once expected that she would be hearing them from Arnav.

Khushi: then what do you want to do?

Arnav smiled in the direction of his plate before turning to Khushi and bringing a piece of roti towards her lips.

Arnav: create more memories so that I could reminisce them when I had to stay away from you.

Khushi stared at him for few seconds before opening her mouth. When Arnav fed her, she purposefully bit his finger and Arnav pulled back his hand immediately.

Khushi: just to make sure that you remember this memory for a long time. (she explained while giggling)

Arnav gave a challenging look while Khushi was still giggling. He then, gave a quick peck on her lips and smiled widely.

Arnav: this is the exact way to do that. We can never erase this memory, can we?

Khushi stared at him wide eyed. She lifted her hand and unknowingly touched the spot where she just felt his lips. Her heart was still beating erratically when Arnav spoke.

Arnav: I am going to pick you up at 6 in the evening, tomorrow.

It took few minutes for Khushi to come out of her stance and process what Arnav just said.

Khushi: where? (she asked in confusion)

Arnav: to our first date

It was all new for Khushi though she always dreamed so much before her marriage. She was happy that she could experience all these with the man whom she loved with all her heart.

Khushi: and what if I deny? (she teased)

Arnav kept his plate aside and leaned towards her in a quick motion, his face inches away from hers.

Arnav: I can kidnap you, Khushi Kumari Gupta. Don't you think I can do that?

Khushi looked at him with her pounding heart and gulped the food. Her eyes kept searching his which held mischief in them. Arnav smirked seeing her reddened cheeks. He lingered his fingers on her left cheek and Khushi closed her eyes involuntarily.

Arnav: and I don't think it's not at all hard seeing how your cheeks reddened when I am so close to you.

Arnav's smirk got wiped off when Khushi hit his head with hers and he moved back which gave Khushi some space to sit back in her original posture.