chapter 21

Khushi arranged everything in the sweet shop... It was her daily routine... to come early and prepare sweets before opening the shop... and then, arrange them according... but her schedule got changed since two days... All thanks to Lavanya... On the first day, she dragged her to almost all the shopping malls and on the next day, Khushi was in a saloon which she didn't know even existed in Lucknow... Today, Lavanya had some plans which were unknown to Khushi... She was just informed to get ready and wait for her... She gave instructions to Ramu who worked there and grabbed her purse... While Khushi was thinking about the past three days since she met Lavanya, she heard the very person's voice...

Lavanya: let us go, Chamkeli... (she said excitedly as soon as she entered)

Khushi: but where?

Lavanya: somewhere... (she sang and dragged Khushi out along with her)

***

Khushi watched the Salman Khan's poster when Lavanya dragged her out of the car...

Khushi: so this is your plan for today?

Lavanya(smiling): for now... yes... watching your favourite Salmanji's film...

Khushi looked keenly at Lavanya who was smiling brightly... She sighed knowing why Lavanya was showing so much interest on her since two days... Khushi held Lavanya's hand and spoke...

Khushi: I am fine, Lavanyaji... You don't have to do all these to make me forget anything... I have been dealing with this since three months...

Lavanya(letting out breathe): I won't be arguing anything with you, Chamkeli... but I want to ask you just one question...

Khushi looked at Lavanya while she continued...

Lavanya: since you have stayed away from ASR for two months, did your feelings for him disappear?

Khushi: this topic is not important right now...

Lavanya: it is, Khushi... You still feel for him and I could see it... I told you I will help you to move on, Chamkeli... and who told that I am doing this only for your sake? I like spending time with you.... and you know why...? because you are my genuine friend... you care for people around you... Likewise, I care for my friend...

Khushi was about to say something when Lavanya cut her off...

Lavanya: no more talking... let's move inside... Your Salmanji is waiting for you...

Saying that, Lavanya again dragged Khushi with her... Throughout the movie, Lavanya glanced at Khushi once in a while... She was sure that Khushi enjoyed the film... but it all felt as if it was someone else who sat beside her other than Khushi... After the movie got ended, Lavanya took Khushi to her place... Both of them sat on Lavanya's bed and Lavanya placed all the saris she shopped infront of Khushi...

Lavanya: Chamkeli, you have to help me to decide which saree should I wear on which occasion... Do you think this orange one would be good for my mehendi? (she asked while pointing towards a saree)

Khushi: I think you should ask your to be husband... After all, you have to impress only him... not me...

Lavanya: I have impressed him already... Now, all he have to do is praise me irrespective of what I wear...

Khushi: poor him...

Lavanya: lucky him that I am going to marry him...

Khushi: and I still didn't get a chance to see who is that unlucky lucky person whom you quoted just now...

Lavanya: ohho... What an idiot I am... I said everything about him but never showed you his photo... (she said while unlocking her cell)

As soon as Lavanya unlocked her cell, she saw a message from Arnav... She glanced at Khushi for a second before sliding it away... Lavanya opened a photo of Amit and her together and showed it to Khushi... Khushi examined it for a second and spoke...