chapter 29

As they walked inside, Khushi's eyes scanned the place remembering how calm Sheesh Mahal looked compared to the day when she first entered it. Arnav was by her side, holding her hand and walking by her side. They finally reached the big hall where the fashion show was held and where they met each other for the first time. It was a big empty hall and she saw a table in the middle of the hall. After taking the appearance of the hall, she looked at Arnav and met his eyes while Arnav started speaking.

Arnav: This is where we met. I was such a jerk to you since that day.

Khushi: I couldn't agree more. (she giggles and continues after a while) but maybe... I liked that jerk part of you too. You know after eating bitter guard for a whole week, I can savor the taste of jalebis even more.

Arnav (raising his eyebrow): and what do you mean by that?

Khushi held his arm and leaned towards his shoulder before explaining.

Khushi: that means, Mr. Arnav Singh Raizada, that you may be arrogant but you are sweet too.

Arnav: like your jalebis? (he asked with a smile)

Khushi(giggling): yeah, like my jalebis.

Arnav slowly comes out of her hold, making her face him and palms her cheek before speaking further.

Arnav: I am sorry.

Khushi understood what he was thinking and she saw him gulping like he was suppressing some sort of pain. She pressed her palm on his and leaned into his touch.

Khushi: I am here with you now without any imposed ties binding us together. I am with you now because we wanted this. That's all matters to me now. I decided to keep the past behind us, Arnavji. What matters to me is your true feelings and our togetherness.

Arnav leans down to kiss her forehead.

Arnav: thanks. (he whispers before pulling back)

He holds her hand and brings her to the table where dinner is arranged. The hall is illuminated just with some dim lights and candles. He pulls a chair for her and after she takes her seat, he moves towards his seat. Khushi observes a red rose which stands out from the dishes that are arranged on the table. She picks it up immediately with a smile and furrowed her eyebrows when her eyes fell on the chit which is tied to its stem. She looks at Arnav who signals her to go ahead and read it. So, she unties it and opens the chit.

"Your smile matters to me. Keep smiling always and if I do something which snatches that smile from your face, I am giving you the full rights to punch me or to do whatever you want to punish me"

A smile spreads on her lips when she reads that and she turns her gaze towards Arnav again.

Khushi: are you 100% sure about this Mr. Raizada? I can do anything to punish you? Soch lo. What if you can't do it and regret giving this right to me, later?

Arnav: I wouldn't give you that right if I am not sure.

Khushi: so you are ready to do anything on the name of punishment?

Arnav: yes. (he says firmly)

Khushi thinks for a while to give him some examples on what she can make him do.

Khushi: cut your ties with your laptop for a whole month? (she asks)

Arnav: yes. (he answers as if it doesn't matter)

Khushi narrows her eyes as if analyzing something and comes with another task.

Khushi: dancing for any Bollywood song that I select.