chapter 24

The words Arnav read on the paper, confused him as hell... Clearing his head, he read the one line which Khushi wrote to him...

'If we are destined to be together, we will be together'

What did she mean by destined together? If she wanted to tell him that, why did she even ask for legal seperation? She could have left it to destiny and he would have tried hard to make their relationship work... Did she mean that if destiny allowed them to be together in future, she will accept their relation? but what relation was she referring when she already signed those divorce papers? He was more desperate to find what Khushi was thinking when she wrote those words for him to read... He might have got it that Khushi no more wanted to push herself away from their relationship, if she didn't sign those damn papers... but it wasn't the case... He didn't understand what she was implying... What if she was implying that they were not destined to be together actually? Was she being positive or negative here? Numerous thoughts ran in his mind and he could solve this problem only by talking to Khushi... He couldn't leave all those thoughts run in his mind when he could see a small hope lightning due to Khushi's words on that paper... Getting up, he grabbed his car keys so that he could meet her and talk to her personally... His hope might either become true or might shatter him completely...

***

Arnav entered the hall which was decorated to give a good view for the sangeet to be started in few minutes... but he didn't spare a glance towards the beautifully decorated hall... His eyes desperately searched only for one person whom he wished to speak with... Very soon, he spotted her standing near the stage, cladding herself in a beautiful green saree... but it was not plain green like she wore on Payal's sangeet... He watched her smiling face when he started walking in her direction... He almost reached her when he saw whom she was talking to...

'Vikrantji, hang the curtain a little high', he heard her speaking to Vikrant... Anger rose within him not understanding why he should always see that stupid Vikrant with Khushi... Couldn't he find any other girl to show his not so handsome face and blabber his useless words? Whatever it was, Arnav didn't care to interrupt... He just strode towards Khushi, held her wrist and dragged her with him... Khushi was taken aback by his sudden action... She didn't even acknowledge his presence before everything happened... Vikrant was involved in his own world, arranging the curtains and asking about the exact height he should fix them before turning his head only to find Khushi missing from her spot...

***

Khushi didn't protest when Arnav dragged her to the backside of Lavanya's house... He left her hand and faced her... He stared at her for a minute before taking out the letter from his pocket... He lifted it to her eye level so that she could see what it was... He observed how Khushi looked at it for a second and then, turned to face him again...

Arnav: what do you mean by those words which you written on this paper, Khushi...?

Khushi: exactly the same what they meant... If we are destined to be together, we will be together...

Arnav: then why did you sign those papers? Why did you take away all those signs of marriage on you? Are you trying to say that we are not destined to be together and we should be seperated...? That is why, you signed and got seperated from this bond? Because we are not destined? (he said in a go and paused after placing all those questions before her)

Khushi: I didn't mean it that way... (she said calmly while looking straight into his eyes)

Arnav's heart picked up it's pace hearing her reply...

Arnav: then?

Arnav expected Khushi to say something which didn't happen... Getting frustrated by her silence, he spoke in a little irritated tone...