chapter 11

Though Arnav wanted Khushi to stay in his life forever, he could hardly do anything... He made his decision that he won't impose anything on Khushi... Instead, he would support her at every stage of her life... Khushi might not accept his help if he offers one but he would be there for her all the time... He won't let Khushi to face this world alone... Arnav looked at Khushi who was sleeping on the bed and he moved towards her... He stood there watching her face intently... Minutes passed... He couldn't see this face after two more days... Arnav slowly bent on his knees to Khushi's level without leaving his sight from her... He palmed her cheek and spoke...

Arnav: I wish all your dreams get fulfilled Khushi... You might go away from me but I will always be there for you... I am sure, your parents would be very proud of you if they were alive... I am sorry Khushi... I am sorry that I hurt you by speaking all that nonsense regarding your parents... I am really sorry... Wish I could travel back in time and wipe off every wrong I did with you... I wish... (saying that Arnav closed his eyes tightly)

Arnav opened his eyes after a while, controlling his emotions...

Arnav: don't leave me Khushi... please... please promise me that you will return to me again... (he said to a sleeping Khushi and a lone tear escaped his eyes) I know... I know, I don't deserve you... but I fear that the Arnav who woke up with your entry in my life might disappear forever if you go away from my life... My heart will be locked forever... You know, I always showed off that your presence won't affect me... but in reality you were the only one who affected me... You were the only one who touched my heart... (Arnav continued with a smile) your cute antics... your tears.... the way you argue with me... your innocence and simplicity... everything... everything started making place in my heart and I was a fool to not recognize it earlier... and when I realized, I was filled with rage having my own assumptions... I failed to trust you... I failed to trust the woman who made me feel my heart beat... I was very rude to you, Khushi... You suffered a lot because of me... I taunted you... insulted you many times... Sorry for each and every moment I hurt you, Khushi... and I accept your departure to Lucknow as my punishment... This would be a big punishment to me, Khushi... to live without you... I just have only one wish... Please don't punish me like this, lifetime... Now, I am getting scared to even imagine my life without you... I promise, I will be a good husband to you... I promise, I will trust you always... Please be with me... Please give your Arnav a chance... Please...

Arnav let out his heart before Khushi... He saw her sleeping form with so much love and kissed her forehead... He held her palm and placed his head on the bed observing her features... He couldn't see her after two more days... So, he wanted to utilize this remaining time with her completely...

Time passed and Arnav didn't know when he drifted to sleep... He was on the floor while his head rested on bed and his palm remained in Khushi's...

***

Next morning:

Khushi was the first one to wake up from her sleep... She wanted to stretch her hands but felt a strong hold which didn't allow her hand to move... She looked at that side and the scene infront of her made her eyes grow wide... Arnavji slept in that posture?? Did he sleep like this for the whole night?? Khushi was not happy realizing it... He slept holding her hand for the whole night on the floor and she didn't even feel it?? Probably, she was too tired to feel anything... She looked at his face who was sleeping peacefully like a child... Why did he sleep in this way?? and that too holding her palm... Khushi's other hand automatically travelled towards his hair and caressed his hair slowly... Arnav moved in his sleep which made Khushi withdraw her hand from touching his hair... She was looking at a corner of their room when Arnav opened his eyes slowly... He saw Khushi as soon as he woke up from his sleep... He realized his position and thought to get up but stopped due to pain in his neck region...