chapter 7

Arnav got up from his sleep and the first thing he did was to observe the bed... To his disappointment, Khushi was absent... Last night, he was awake till late night thinking about Khushi's words... She wanted to open a sweet shop in Lucknow again... Arnav decided what he should do on this matter already... He just have to speak with Khushi now... Taking a deep breathe, he got up and left to washroom...

***

Anjali lifted her head, hearing a door knock and found Khushi standing there...

Anjali: Khushiji, come... (sadness was still visible in her voice and face)

Khushi(getting in): how are you feeling, di...?

Anjali(giving a slight smile): I am okay, Khushiji...

Khushi too reciprocated the smile...

Khushi: di, why are you not attending the pooja(prayer to god) today??

Anjali was in some other world while answering that question...

Anjali: I don't know what I have to pray, Khushiji... My life got filled with so much bitterness that I don't know how to start and where to start now...

Khushi(placing her palm over Anjali's cheek): start with your baby, di... You have to be strong for her... and I am cent percent sure that your life would be filled with happiness when this baby enters your life... just pray the same... and you have the entire family standing for you... start living for them and smile with them... they can't see you like this...please di...come down and participate in pooja....

Anjali smiled hearing Khushi's words while Khushi dropped her palm, smiling...

Anjali: you know Khushiji, Chotte is really lucky to have you in his life...

Anjali said making Khushi dull... Anjali observed that change and remembered what happened yesterday and the allegations on Arnav too...

Anjali: Khushiji, shall I ask you a question??

Khushi nodded her head and Anjali continued...

Anjali: why did you agree to marry Chotte when he forced you...? Why did you bear all our tantrums...? You could have told us everything...

Khushi: Di please... we will talk about it later...

Anjali: no Khushiji... I want to know about it, right now... because I can't let my brother committing mistakes in your case...

Khushi(faking a smile): its all settled now, di... He is understanding me very well... Ha, he forced me into this marriage and I got to know the reason behind it lately...(she became sad all of a sudden)

Anjali: so, what is the reason??

Khushi: I said that yesterday, di...

Anjali lets out a deep breathe before continuing...

Anjali: so, that is what the reason...?

Khushi(stammering): ha...Ha di... Otherwise, why will I support him still...?

Anjali: because you love him...

Khushi instantly looked into Anjali's eyes and tears formed in her eyes...

Anjali: ok... I won't ask what made you both to take this step... or how Chotte made you accept his decision of marrying you... but remember one thing Khushiji... you and Chotte, both are equal for me... I can't just support Chotte whatever he does... If you say it or not, truth won't stay hidden for many days... just like Shyam's truth came out yesterday...

Khushi was still looking at Anjali...

Anjali: shall we go now...?

Khushi came out of her thoughts and nodded her head... Both the ladies left to the mandir (prayer room)...