chapter 26

Khushi sat in front of Devi Maiya idol and spoke to the idol just like she used to before six months...

Khushi: sure you know everything happening here, don't you? and why are you smiling like that? Because of that Laad Governor? Did you even see how rudely he spoke to Vikrantji? The world should know that Laad Governor is back with his usual attitude again... Is this his new motive now? Can't he talk little nicely to people...? Now, why are you not saying anything Devi Maiya? (Khushi pauses for few seconds and thinks about something... Soon, a smile appears on her lips and she continues her blabbering) You think, he was being jealous? He used to behave like that when I was friends with Nanheji... Remember?

Khushi just stared at Devi Maiya's idol, the smile never leaving her lips... She felt contended... happy...

Khushi: Thank you Devi Maiya... for making me choose this path instead of the one where I had to walk in the path of pain... When I saw the determination and the spark in his eyes, I understood that this time it would be different... I saw how much he wanted me in his life... I saw my own self wanting to be in his arms... forever... I am happy that I took this decision... After seeing Arnavji's reaction today, I know it won't be messed up... I know, I could hope for a happy future with him... This time, please don't let my hopes get crush down...

***

When he enters the function hall, the first thing Arnav searches for is Khushi... When he is searching for her, he hears his Nani speaking beside him...

Nani: I will go and see Lavanya...

Arnav nods his head and Nani walks away... He knew, his Nani is still not conversing with him like before... There is still a part of her which finds him guilty but he is not complaining... He deserves that... Yesterday, he informed her and also his other family members about Khushi's decision on their relationship... He said how Khushi accepted legal separation yet wanted to give him an other chance... They were all surprised to hear that... His di was happy though... It might be because she would have already guessed that their happiness lied in their togetherness but not in their separation... She might have grasped about the pain in their lives... While all of them were relieved that Arnav was given a chance, Payal was the one who didn't look happy... She was still sceptical whether Khushi could be happy with Arnav after all that he had done...

Arnav drowned in his own thoughts for a while... When he came out of his thoughts, he scanned the entire hall but didn't find Khushi... He was about to walk out when he saw the very person whom he wanted to see desperately, coming down the stairs after Lavanya... She was speaking something to Nani with a smile on her face... Even though Lavanya was the bride, Khushi could only be the most beautiful woman in his eyes... even the simple red saree which she wore, like today, made him feel that way... His eyes never left admiring Khushi like she was some angel stepping down the heaven for him... When Khushi's eyes finally met his, he smiled at her... She returned it without any hesitation... Khushi stopped behind the stage where Lavanya was made to sit for marriage rituals to start...  His legs automatically dragged him towards her...

Arnav: hi... (he greeted her as soon as he reached)

Khushi: hi... (she replied softly)

Arnav: you look beautiful...

Khushi: you look... (Khushi pauses and scans Arnav's outfit which happens to be his regular three piece suit) normal... (she completes)

Arnav smiles and continues speaking...

Arnav: Red suits you... Can I assume that you chose it keeping me in your mind?

Khushi: It's just an assumption and this is a free country... You can assume whatever you want to...