chapter 19

Khushi watched Arnav sitting opposite to her, acting as if he didn't notice her...

Khushi: what are you doing here?

Arnav: what else... travelling... (he said plainly)

Khushi: in a train?

Arnav shrugged as if it was obvious for him to travel in a train...

Arnav: need to go to Lucknow and I guess this train will take me there...

Khushi: don't you have your own transport? a chopper, I guess...

Arnav: right... but it's fuel tank is empty, you see...

Khushi furrowed her eyebrows for the unbelievable reasons he was giving her...

Khushi: what are you up to, Arnavji? You are here infront of me and you expect me to believe whatever reasons you are giving?

Arnav: Well, I don't expect you to believe me... I could tell you that I have some unsettled business pending in Lucknow... So I am going... that's it... simple...

Khushi knew it was not just a mere coincidence that he was sitting opposite to her in a train and coming to Lucknow... but whatever it was, she decided to stay quiet about it and not to speak with him anymore... She followed the same until his voice interrupted her again...

Arnav: do you have some water, Khushi? I am feeling thirsty...

Khushi(holding her water bottle): Yes, I do have water... and I feel sorry that you are thirsty...

Arnav took a minute before speaking again...

Arnav: then, you can lend me your bottle so that you don't have to feel sorry for me...

Khushi: oh, I expect you to be a millionaire who could buy his own water bottle... I won't share my things with strangers...

Arnav's words struck in his throat when she called him a stranger... He gulped down his pain and spoke after a while... Afterall, he decided not to let their past come in between the present he was trying to set for Khushi....

Arnav: Well, I heard that you are so kind to help even a stranger...

Khushi: I used to... but I realized that being good won't actually give me peace every time...

Arnav stayed silent after that... Khushi tried to deviate her mind off him by closing her eyes so that she didn't have to see him... She pretended to be in sleep only to avoid speaking to him but sleep overtook her after some time...

***

Khushi woke up after a while and settled herself to sit straight... Arnav was not there in front of her... She took a deep breathe and when her head turned to look out of the window, her eyes grew wide... She saw Arnav trying to balance himself while taking a step... She saw him stumbling but he didn't stop walking... His eyes were getting closed... He might be feeling giddy and she got worried... She immediately got up and rushed out...

Khushi reached there and watched a person who helped Arnav stand straight, making Arnav take a seat beside... She rushed towards them...

Khushi: Arnavji... are you okay?

Arnav saw her with his semi opened eyes and tried to speak...

Arnav: Khushi... Sweet...

Khushi understood that his sugar levels might have dropped...

Khushi(nodding her head): one minute...

She rushed towards the nearest store and got back in a minute... She unwrapped the chocolate cover and forwarded it towards his mouth... He slowly took a bite, followed by another one... After a while, he slowly started gaining complete conscious...