chapter 2

Arnav sprinkled water drops on Khushi's face while calling out her name... Khushi slowly got into a semi-conscious state and was opening her eyes slowly... Arnav made her drink some water and Khushi got fully conscious after a while... She realized what happened till now... How Arnav thought so cheap about her... how he accused her... how he got to know about the truth and tried to explain... and finally her outburst... Pain was back in her heart thinking about Arnav...

Khushi: let's go to home, Arnavji... Everyone might be waiting for us in Shantivan... (she said plainly)

Arnav stared at her face for few seconds and then, started his car... The journey was so silent, though there was so much running in their minds...

***

Khushi let out a deep breathe before getting down his car... Arnav too reached her side and watched her face... He still felt the pain in her eyes...

Arnav: are you okay?? (he asked guiltily)

Khushi: you don't have to show that you care for me, Arnavji... and I would be okay only if you stop interfering in my life from now on...

Arnav gulped hearing her words... He shouldn't interfere in her life?? What does that mean?? He is her husband, for god's sake... but wait... He is a husband who forced her into this marriage... a husband who didn't even try to know her part of the story... who never trusted her... never supported her... who just hurt her in many ways... In which angle, does he look like a husband??

Arnav saw Khushi taking out their bags from the car and he moved to help her... He held the same bag which Khushi held in her hands and continued...

Arnav: I will bring them, Khushi... You go inside...

Khushi: no need...

Saying that, she took a step to move into the house but soon, she felt the bag she held being pulled from the other side... She turned and faced Arnav...

Khushi: I am taking it inside...

Arnav: I said, leave it Khushi...

Khushi ignored his words and tried pulling the bag out of his grip... but of no use...

Arnav: stop struggling...

Khushi: never... I have decided... Now on, I will never stop struggling... I won't give into your demands...

Arnav was looking at Khushi understanding what she meant... Taking chance, Khushi used her other hand to pull the bag out of Arnav's grip and moved into the house... Arnav could do nothing except staring at her back... He took the other bag and started walking inside thinking he should inform Hari Prakash to bring rest of the bags...

***

Khushi took a deep breathe before entering the hall... She should look happy infront of the family... She didn't want to make them feel that she was looking sad or dull... She cared for them too much... She entered the hall followed by Arnav after few seconds...

'Khushiji!!' Anjali exclaimed happily as soon as she saw Khushi in the hall... Anjali moved towards them and hugged both Arnav and Khushi at the same time...

This was the reason.. this was the reason why Khushi decided not to let Shyam's truth before everyone's eyes... She couldn't see a nice person like Anjali breaking and loosing trust on the word called love... She was too good... She loves everyone with a pure heart... but Khushi never thought that being quiet would lead to a point where Arnav doubted her character... Khushi's eyes welled up immediately... Arnav saw that and felt guilty again... How he wished not to see any tears in her eyes... but he would be the reason for her tears every time... Anjali pulled back from the hug and saw tears in Khushi's eyes...