chapter 1

Khushi left Arnav's hand as soon as they entered her house...

Khushi(facing Arnav): not 6 months... but you could wait atleast 2 mins right... Please sit down... I will be back with proofs... (she said in a mocking tone)

Without even sparing a second to watch his face, she turned and flew towards kitchen...

Arnav was in his thinking mode when he saw his wife, Khushi entering along with her mother and Buaji...

Buaji: oh sankadevi... What is so important that you dragged us out of the kitchen...?

Garima: Ha Khushi, you and damaadji(son-in-law) are leaving today, right... We are preparing laddoos so that you could carry them to Raizada house... Now, let us go... We have so much work to do...

Khushi: it's about Shyamji, Amma...

That's it... Arnav could observe their eyes widening in surprise...

'Shyam!!! ', Buaji exclaimed...

Garima: but Khushi...

Khushi(cutting her off): we need to talk, Amma...

Garima slowly nodded her head and that was enough for Arnav to open his eyes and see the truth... Somewhere, deep down his heart, fear started developing... 'what if... ', he muttered to himself...

Khushi: Arnavji is my husband Amma...

That sentence made Arnav to look at Khushi's face who didn't show any interest to look at him...

Khushi: he has all the rights to know about Shyamji... I don't think, I should hide this much big matter of my life to him...

Garima: but Anjali bitiya...?

Khushi(holding Garima's arm and assuring her): don't worry Amma... Arnavji is her brother... He could go to any heights to safeguard his sister... right Arnavji...? (she asked Arnav while turning and looking into his eyes)

That look... that look was enough for Arnav to realize what might come now... Khushi might be innocent and he might have done a very huge mistake by blaming her...

Khushi, Garima and Buaji sat on the sofa, beside Arnav's...

Buaji: that idiot... I don't even want to take his name... but Khushi is right... As a husband, you should know about it... Afterall, it's just not her life now... you both are involved...

Saying that, Madhumathi started telling about Shyam... Starting with saving Khushi from the goons, how he helped Khushi in getting a job, how he stayed as a paying guest and made everyone fools... and finally, how he got engaged with Khushi...

Buaji: after Khushi got to know the truth, we thought to tell about it to Anjali bitiya... but Khushi got scared to tell her... Knowing how much Anjali bitiya worshipped her husband, Khushi couldn't tell her and break the relation which she trusted the most... So, we supported Khushi... We gave warning to that Shyam and asked him to stay out of our lives...

Arnav was not in this world... He went back to the days when Khushi told him that she got engaged... After her broken engagement, Shyam spent most of his time in Raizada mansion... He didn't give excuses like before... His di was very happy to see him around her, most of the time... but only if she had known the truth....

Arnav looked at Khushi but he could decipher nothing from her expressions... He could see just one thing... her determination... What was she thinking?? He had no answer for that... He gulped when he realized what he done with Khushi for no mistake of hers... There, she was busy thinking about his di and here he was ready to destroy her life... how pathetic.... Suddenly, he heard Garima's voice interrupting his thoughts...