chapter 22

Amit and Lavanya reached the coffee shop already...

Amit: but why does Khushi want ASR to come?

Lavanya: maybe because she wanted to prove that his presence won't affect her like ASR thought...

Amit: do you think she could truly be okay with him around her...? After all, she still loves him...

Lavanya: I don't know... but she sounded pretty confident while asking ASR to meet... She said she wanted to clear something...

Amit: and you think that she wanted to clear ASR's thoughts of her feeling uncomfortable because of him?

Lavanya nodded while Amit sighed... He spotted Arnav walking towards them...

Amit: ASR came... (he said to Lavanya and stood up)

Both of them shook their hands with a smile...

Amit(smiling): glad to meet you as La's fiancee but not on any business purpose, ASR... (Arnav smiled to that)

Arnav: then, you can call me Arnav...

Amit: La doesn't call you Arnav... (he pointed)

Lavanya: it's my habit, Amit...

Lavanya spoke while both of them took their seats...

Amit: As we are almost married, I should be habituated to your habits, baby... (he winked)

Lavanya swatted him on his arms and looked at Arnav...

Lavanya: so ASR, how is work these days? Can you believe we didn't talk about work since two weeks...

Arnav: I know... but don't worry... I will make you work extra hours as compensation, after your marriage...

Amit: then, I have no other choice but to leave my own work and join in your office... because wherever La goes, my network follows...

Lavanya laughed at his words... Arnav was about to say something when his eyes fell on certain someone who entered the coffee shop at the same time... What surprised him was not the yellow saree which was beautifully draped around her but something other which pierced his heart... His eyes showed pain as she started approaching them and it became more clear to him that there were no signs of marriage on her... Her neck was devoid of mangulsutra and her partition was empty without any sindoor adorning it... Adding to it, she had a smile on her face... He could no more see that Khushi who got lost after the truth about their marriage... She seemed different... Arnav felt as if he lost everything... as if his purpose of life got lost... Seeing the state of Arnav, both Amit and Lavanya looked in the direction of his sight and found Khushi...

Lavanya: hey Chamkeli...

Lavanya smiled at Khushi which soon got disappeared after watching the changes in her...

Khushi(smiling): namasthe, Lavanyaji...

Khushi reached them and her gaze shifted towards Amit and Arnav...

Khushi: namasthe Amitji... I got to see you finally...

Arnav was just staring at her while Khushi greeted Amit with a warm smile... Amit just greeted her back, not knowing how to start any further conversation... All of them took their seats except Arnav who kept watching Khushi... Khushi observed that and spoke...

Khushi: Arnavji, take your seat... (she said normally, still with her happy tone)

Arnav followed her words but never took his eyes away from her... One part of him was angry but who should be angry at... towards Khushi or towards his own self who was responsible for those changes...