chapter 5

Arnav saw Khushi entering their room... He started speaking...

Arnav: Khushi, I need a help from you...

Khushi(facing him): what?? You need divorce papers to be signed?? (She asked plainly)

Arnav controlled himself while gritting his teeth...

Arnav(continuing): it's for di... ('and for you', his words couldn't come out)

Khushi looked at his face for few moments and let out a deep breathe...

Khushi: what is it...?

Arnav: could we discuss it in peace... (He said while getting up from bed and gesturing towards poolside)

Khushi followed him and both of them sat on the chairs at the poolside...

Arnav: I want di to know about Shyam...

Khushi: what?? (She asks getting surprised)

Arnav(nodding his head): yes... I want to bring the entire truth before her eyes...

Khushi: you think, it is right?? (She questioned)

Arnav: nothing could be more right, Khushi... Di should know about him and how he was cheating on her... I couldn't just bear him roaming freely in front of my eyes... He deserves to be punished... Di deserves to know about him...

Khushi: you think, di could cope up with this truth in such a situation where she is pregnant...

Arnav: we are there for her, Khushi... Whatever might happen, all the family members will support her and be with her... She should realize that Shyam only played with her feelings and had shown his fake love...

Khushi was silent for few minutes and then, looked into his eyes who was expecting her answer...

Khushi: so, what's the plan??

Arnav details about his plan to Khushi...

Khushi: are you sure, it would work in the same way as you have planned...

Arnav: as much as I got to know about Shyam, I am sure he will fall into our trap...

Khushi: hmm... hope so...

Khushi got up from the chair and turned to leave when she felt Arnav's hold on her arm...

Arnav: Khushi, I am sorry that I couldn't do this before... Now, I know how much Shyam's presence has disturbed you all this time...

Khushi(taking off his hand from her): you don't have to feel sorry for me...

Khushi started walking into the room when Arnav called her...

Arnav(getting up): Khushi...

Khushi turned to look at him again... His eyes could only reflect pain and helplessness...

Arnav: never leave me Khushi... Please...

Khushi gulped hearing his words while Arnav continued...

Arnav: I know, I was very wrong in judging you... I know, I was stupid to think low about you... but please give me a chance, Khushi... Now, I couldn't imagine my life without you... It pains to even imagine it...

Khushi couldn't take his words... She turned around and walked towards the bed while tears flowed down her cheeks which she wiped off immediately... Arnav could only observe her sleeping on the bed...

***

Next day:

Everyone got seated at the dining table and had their breakfast...