chapter 20

Both Arnav and Khushi enter the house while following Lavanya... They saw Lavanya's parents already sitting in the living room... Lavanya introduced them to Khushi...

Lavanya(pointing them): Khushi, meet my parents... My mom Shruthi and my dad Rajeev...

Khushi immediately joins her palms and greets them... They smile at Khushi, getting up...

Shruthi: so, you are the one who changed our daughter...

Khushi smiled uncomfortably...

Rajeev: you brought out the beautiful woman inside my daughter Khushi... Thank you... (he smiled)

Khushi: she was always a beautiful woman... and I met a great friend inside her who could be as crazy as I was...

Lavanya smiled and hugged Khushi... She looked at her parents and spoke...

Lavanya: you both can talk to ASR... I am taking Khushi to my room...

Saying that, Lavanya drags Khushi to her room...

***

Lavanya: I am glad, I could see you after these many months...

Khushi: I am happy too... I don't know that you live in Lucknow...

Lavanya: actually, this is my grandmother's house... She went to temple... So, I couldn't introduce her to you... Mom and Dad returned from states recently to start my wedding preparations...

Khushi: oh... wait... Wedding?

Lavanya(smiling brightly): yes Chamkeli... I am getting married soon... See... (she showed her engagement ring)

Khushi: wow... love or arranged?

Lavanya: Amit and I met in a business meeting... Their company used to supply raw materials for us... He started flirting with me which I ignored completely because ASR was still there in my mind... but after some time, I started enjoying his company... He was one of the good friend who cared about me so much... I told him about ASR and when he proposed me finally, I knew that I could be happy with him for my entire life... So, I accepted him... I don't know if I am in love with him completely but I love his presence in my life more than anything... I am happy with my decision... I said the same to him and he was supportive... So here we are... My marriage preparations...

Khushi: I am very happy for you, Lavanyaji... (she said while hugging Lavanya)

Lavanya: thanks Chamkili...

They pulled back and Khushi could see the spark in her eyes... Obviously, she could see how happy Lavanya looked...

Lavanya: I never thought I could move on from my feelings towards ASR... but now, I see him just as my friend...

Khushi thought for a moment before speaking again...

Khushi: Lavanyaji, can I ask you a question?

Lavanya: oh come on Chamkeli... You know, you can ask anything...

Khushi: how... how did you move on?

Lavanya let out a deep breathe and spoke while holding Khushi's palms...

Lavanya: I know what happened between you and ASR, Khushi... ASR told me... and no matter what, I will be there with you... If you want to move on, I will help you with it...

Khushi: you think, I can do it?

Lavanya: it depends on how much you want to start your life afresh...

Khushi: I started it already, Lavanyaji... I moved to Lucknow... started sweet shop again... I tried my best to take off my mind from my past...

Lavanya: I know... I know... but you need some change in your life... don't worry... I will help you with that... You once taught me how I could be a beautiful woman... and now, I will teach you how to move on and restart your life...