chapter 12

Hello friends, please don't mind with my late updates... I have some serious works which I need to concentrate and so it is taking more time to draft an update... but I will try to be regular...

Thanks for your response to this story which will always encourage me not to quit writing...😊😊

***

Arnav's look was not so pleasant and Khushi kept staring at his face...

Khushi: I don't want my things to be left in your room...

Arnav: but I want... You just keep them like that in this room... Don't remove...

Khushi: why?? You don't like all these, right... Now, when I am changing back this room to its original self, you should be happy...

Arnav: It's not necessary that my feelings remain the same... Now, I am used to this..  So, let it be...

Khushi: right... When your feelings change again, you will remove them and throw away... and I don't wish that to happen...

Arnav: I won't do that...

Khushi: why?? When I am turning your room back to its previous self, you should like it... Why are you stopping me then??

Arnav: because I want to feel your touch in this room, dammit... even if you leave this room... this house and this city... I want to feel your presence...

Both look into each others eyes with so much intensity... Arnav let's out a deep breathe and diverts the topic...

Arnav: packed everything?? (he asked)

Khushi took a second before nodding her head...

Arnav: I need to give you something... Wait...

While Khushi was all confused, Arnav walked towards one of the cupboard and opened it... He took out a Devi Maiya's idol... Khushi's eyes widened seeing Arnav holding Devi Maa's idol... He never believed in God or any other things related to God... then, what was he doing with the idol?? Khushi kept thinking while Arnav walked towards her... He stood before her, holding the idol in his hands, perfectly covered with a red cloth...

Arnav: I wanted to give you this before you leave...

The confusion on Khushi's face doubled hearing that...

Khushi: Devi Maiya's idol?? (she tries to confirm)

Arnav(nodding his head): I thought, you might not accept any other thing than this... and moreover, I know that you like her very much... I saw it in your room when you stayed in Gupta house... So, thought to gift it to you before you leave... Please accept this atleast...

Khushi looked at the idol in Arnav's hands and then at Arnav... Was he really gifting her the Devi Maiya's idol?? She never expected that one day Arnav could even do this when she knew that he never believed in God... He chose to gift the idol to her because he knew, she won't deny taking it...

Khushi looked at the idol again... Her Devi Maiya was smiling like always... Why was she smiling now?? Oh yes, she smiles always... but Devi Maiya was so intelligent... Arnav was the one because of whom Khushi stopped speaking to Devi Maiya... Now, he was offering the idol to her... What does that mean??

Arnav: take this Khushi... (he interrupts her thoughts)

Khushi looks at the idol... She might stop speaking to Devi Maiya but whenever she sees the idol again, she falls weak... She couldn't just deny taking that from Arnav's hands... because it was just not an idol... She considered Devi Maa as her best friend... She shared every little thing with her... Now, when she go to Lucknow, she will be all alone and she badly needs a friend to talk with... to share her worries... to share her happiness... everything...