chapter 3

When heart planned something good, mind tried to flop it... Same happened with Arnav... On Akash's wedding, he was about to propose Khushi when his mind got registered with that only few words uttered by her, making him go in a wrong direction... He always thought that decisions should be taken through mind instead of heart but his own statement proved to be wrong... His heart knew Khushi was not that type of a girl but his mind always reminded him that unusual scene... It made him remember those days when his own father cheated his mother...

Arnav leaned back on his recliner thinking about Khushi... What should he do to win her back again?? Taking a gasp, he looked at the clock... It was 10:00pm and Khushi was still not in the room... He got down in the search of Khushi while walking out of his room...

***

Khushi was standing in front of Devi Maiya's idol and one could easily observe that she stood there as if questioning her favourite Goddess who ditched her...

Khushi: how could you do this to me, Devi Maiya... First, you made me an orphan and the worst thing was you brought Arnavji into my life... Why?? I was so happy with my Amma, Bapuji and jiji... but you turned my life... My dream of a happy wedding got smashed... The forceful marriage which I got into was a nightmare... Noone understood me at that time... Everyone blamed me... Amma said that I was not her own daughter... You know, I felt like I was an orphan again... and to add more to all these, I was not been trusted by Arnavji... I got accused as a characterless woman by my first love... You know, how I felt that time?? I thought, he could see my heart... but no... he could only hurt me... He didn't even know that I am a human, I have a heart and it hurts... It hurts to hear hurtful words from him... It hurts to see him not trusting me...

Saying that, Khushi broke down completely infront of the idol... Her every word was heard by Arnav who had tears in his eyes... He couldn't show the courage to go and face Khushi... That's why, he gulped and turned to move to his room...

Arnav moved to his room and punched the wall hardly... He felt frustrated... He was angry on himself for doing that to Khushi... After a while, he cooled a little and sat at the corner of the bed thinking about Khushi's words...

My dream of a happy wedding got smashed...

I felt like I was an orphan again...

I got accused as a characterless woman by my first love...

It hurts to hear hurtful words from him... It hurts to see him not trusting me...

What had he done...? Khushi loved him so much and he just crashed her dreams and ruined her life, thinking she had an affair with that Shyam... She was right... He was the reason behind her every misery... Now, he couldn't just sit simply... He should fill her life with enough happiness that she should forget all her pain... Yes... He should make her forget every pain that she undergone... He should make her life filled with love...

Arnav moved towards poolside and started staring at the stars while folding his hands... After a while, he held his ears and started speaking to the stars... His concentration was on a specific star while he continued...

Arnav: Khushi believes that you are her mother... If she believes, I too want to believe... I am sorry... I have hurt your daughter a lot... but I promise... I promise that I will correct my mistake and give her the love which she actually deserves... I promise that I would love her and take care of her till my last breathe...

Arnav left his ear and stood there still watching the stars... His gaze turned towards the other star which he considered as his own mother...

Arnav: I failed, maa... I failed to judge... Now I understand your words when you said that we should take decisions through our heart sometimes... Wish I had followed my heart and believed Khushi... We would have been together today with love...