chapter 17

Khushi watched Nani placing the sleeping baby in cradle while she stepped inside the ward...

"Khushiji", she heard Anjali calling her name and looked into Anjali's eyes which held tears by then... Khushi moved towards the cradle first and after taking enough time to watch the baby, she walked to Anjali and sat beside her... Khushi looked at Nani and spoke...

Khushi: I have come to know about yesterday's incident at Raizada house, Naniji... (she spoke and then continued after turning her gaze towards Anjali) I need to speak about it...

Anjali: what is it, Khushiji?

Khushi(taking a deep breathe): yesterday, Naniji decided to move out of Raizada house along with all other family members, leaving Arnavji alone in that house...

Anjali was shocked to hear that news... She looked at Nani who had tears in her eyes by then... If it had been any other case, Anjali would have argued with Nani and might have stayed along with Arnav in the same home... but she knew why Nani took that decision... Nani's decision might have broken her brother but what should she do...? She couldn't even support her brother... He brought this upon himself... She hated the fact that her brother was responsible for Khushi's misery... She hated what he done to Khushi... but still... It was not easy for her to punish him in this way... With tears rolling down her cheeks, she looked up and saw all other family members of Raizadas and Guptas except Arnav, entering the ward... Before she could understand, Khushi started speaking again...

Khushi: I wanted to speak something important...

Everyone looked at Khushi to continue while Khushi walked towards Nani, facing her...

Khushi: you don't have to punish Arnavji by leaving that house, Naniji... He doesn't deserve such a big punishment...

Payal didn't like Khushi still caring for Arnav...

Payal: but Khushi...

Khushi(cutting her off): no jiji... Arnavji, really doesn't deserve this punishment??

Payal: why not Khushi? He misunderstood you... blackmailed you... married you forcefully... and you say, he shouldn't be punished??

Khushi(nodding her head while taking deep breathe): yes...

Payal: even after all his mistakes??

Khushi(looking into Payal's eyes): who won't do mistakes jiji?

Payal calmed down while Khushi continued...

Khushi: We are human beings jiji and we believe what we see... I married Arnavji because he forced me into this... but when I entered RM with Arnavji after that fake marriage, I was seen as a culprit in everyone's eyes... You mistook me because you believed what you saw... My silence added more fuel to all of you and my innocence got crushed... No one supported me because I was made to be seen as a culprit in your eyes... In the same way, I was made to be seen as a culprit in Arnavji's eyes due to Shyamji... Arnavji believed what he saw and he mistook me... Whatever he done to me was because he thought I was wrong...

Khushi turned around to face her back to them while she continued with tears flowing down her cheeks...

Khushi: if only he had questioned me and trusted me, this pain could have been avoided... (she murmured to herself)

Khushi wiped her tears and moved towards Anjali who was still crying...

Khushi(holding Anjali's hands): di... Whatever Arnavji did, it was all because he wanted to protect you di... He loves you so much... He wanted to protect you and your baby... He couldn't see you in pain... He couldn't break your happiness... He done everything because he cared for you, di... He always thought for your well-being... please don't punish him... I know, neither you nor Arnavji could be happy if you move out of the house...