chapter 16

As soon as Khushi opened the door, she saw her sister Payal standing at the doorstep with tears flowing down her cheeks... Before she could even react, she felt herself being engulfed in Payal's hug... Payal was crying while letting her heart out...

Payal: I am sorry Khushi... I couldn't see the truth before and protect you from him... Being your sister, I should have seen it... You thought about my happiness but I failed to understand you... What kind of a sister I am... but I never thought that Arnav Singh Raizada could stoop so low...

Khushi slowly grasped what Payal was saying... Her sister got to know about the truth of their marriage... but how?

After a minute, Khushi pulled back from the hug...

Khushi: jiji, it's not your fault but how do you...

Before she could complete the question, Payal answered it with atmost hatred...

Payal: he confessed his deeds to Dadiji, yesterday night... I heard everything...

Payal faced Khushi... Her expressions softened while she continued...

Payal: Khushi, you could have talked to me... Why did you do this? I can't get away from the guilt that you entered this forceful marriage because he used me as a threat...

Khushi(nodding her head in a no): no jiji... It's nothing you should feel guilty about... He believed Shyamji's words, fell into his trap, forced me into this marriage and I agreed...

Payal: you should have talked to us...

Khushi: I couldn't take the risk, jiji... It's about your life... your love towards jijaji... most importantly, your marriage which once spoiled because of me...

Payal immediately clutched Khushi's hands and nodded her head in a no... She could never agree that it was Khushi's fault... It was always Arnav Singh Raizada... He was the one who was responsible for every drama in their life starting from breaking of her alliance to marrying Khushi forcefully... Khushi had to suffer because of him...

Payal: and I was a fool to not see into my sister's life... I should have known when you entered by suddenly marrying him... I should have understood you... but instead, I got angry and left you... It was all because of that Shyam Jha and Arnav Singh Raizada... I thought Arnavji was not as bad as we took him initially... but clearly, I was wrong... He would never change...

Khushi(murmuring while looking at a corner): he is not bad... He is only bad to me... (she remembered how he treated her after marriage) he only hated me... (flashes of Arnav taking care of Anjali came into her mind) but he loved his family... his di a lot... I guess that's the reason, he couldn't even confront me before doing all these... He just had one thing in his mind... to protect his di...

Payal(giving a sarcastic smile): huh... His impulsive actions lead him to nowhere... He ruined your life for the sake of his di... Now, he will suffer... he will know how it would feel when his own di for whom he played with your life would disappear from his life... It's his turn to feel the pain...

Khushi gets shocked to hear those words...

Khushi: jiji, what do you mean by that...?

Payal: we all planned to move out of his house... Yesterday, Nani made this decision and asked him to stay away from us...

Khushi: what??

Payal: in my view, every punishment will be small when compared to the things he had done to you, Khushi... but I guess, this is the only correct way to deal with his sins...

Khushi gulped hearing this... She couldn't take this... If she felt this way, what would have Arnav gone through... He might be broken and devastated... By this time, Khushi had tears in her eyes...