chapter 18

What?? She wanted to seperate from him forever...? She really wanted to end everything between them?

Arnav: you wanted to seperate legally? (he asked doubtfully)

Khushi: yes... (she replied firmly)

Arnav: what are you even speaking, Khushi... (he said with fear raising inside his heart)

Khushi: I am speaking what you have decided already, six months back... All this marriage thing is a mere contract Arnavji... Did you forget that...?

Arnav(holding her shoulders): I know Khushi... I know, I spoilt everything by playing with your emotions and marrying you forcefully... and I can't explain how guilty I am for behaving like that with you... but I don't want to loose you forever Khushi... It's okay if you wish to stay away from me but don't ask me cut our ties completely...

Khushi: which ties are you speaking about Arnavji? The ties which you imposed on me forcefully?

Arnav fell silent at that question because he didn't have answer to that one... He looked away from her eyes while Khushi continued with pained voice...

Khushi: I could understand why you have done all those to me Arnavji... (she started in a low voice) I know you did this to me only because you love your di very much and you wanted no pain to trouble her... You thought I was the pain in her life... I was the thorn in her beautiful life...

Arnav pressed his eyes tightly to swallow the pain and guilt he felt after hearing those words... Tears rolled down his eyes when he heard Khushi blaming herself but he couldn't stop her... He was the one to be blamed... not Khushi...

By now, Khushi too was crying... All the love she carried for him turned out to be a complete hatred from his end at the time when he married her forcefully...

Khushi(with tears in her eyes): but the least I expected was your confrontation, Arnavji... You could have confronted me about the truth before leaving harsh marks of our wedding on me... I could never forget the way you forcefully married me, Arnavji... with pure hatred that I wished to die instead of seeing that hatred for me in your eyes... My heart squeezed hearing torturous words from the one whom I loved with all my heart... I could still remember the hatred you carried for me, Arnavji... and what was all that for? what was my mistake to deserve your hatred?

Arnav could speak nothing... He couldn't give answers to her questions... He wanted to comfort her... He wanted to take away her pain... but he doesn't have enough courage to even look in her eyes...

Khushi: all you had to do was to ask me, Arnavji... Instead of believing whatever Shyamji said, you should have for once asked me before making our marriage a joke... The way you married me just insulted me because I believed in marriage, Arnavji... You knew what importance marriage held in my eyes but you still ruined it by simply tying mangulsutra around my neck and harshly applying sindoor on my partition... that nuptial chain might not be different from other chains for you... that sindoor might not carry any importance in your eyes... neither you care about mantras and rituals of a marriage... there are no pheras... no mantras... no blessings from the priest or elders... but all of them meant so much to me Arnavji... Our marriage was based on complete hatred... and I was a fool to think that you really love...

Khushi couldn't continue further... Her breathing became irregular with the amount of stress she was undergoing... She couldn't take after telling all those to Arnav and ran away from the room... She kept all these inside her heart since a long time and today she blurted them all...

While running out, she saw Anjali standing outside Arnav's room... The tears flowing down her cheeks told that she heard everything... Khushi immediately hugged her while crying her heart out... How was she supposed to face this family after parting ways with Arnav...? Anjali hugged Khushi and rubbed her back trying to give her some strength...