chapter 10

Khushi was waiting for him to speak while Arnav moved towards her and stood facing her...

Arnav: whatever I have done is the right thing, Khushi... Being your family, they ought to know that you are not at fault...

Khushi: It is none of your concern...

Arnav(immediately): It is... It is my concern, Khushi... I might have taken few wrong decisions in my past but this time... I know, I am doing right...

Khushi: no, you are not... You are hurting them in this process of revealing the truth...

Arnav: they ought to know this truth one day or the other, Khushi...

Khushi looked straight into his eyes while Arnav continued...

Arnav(gulping): If you wish to break this marriage, what will you tell them then?? This time, you wished to move on in your life and you have plans to bring back the glory of your sweet shop... and you need support... You might not consider me to be the one to support you... Your family could give you that support... and moreover, they deserve to know this truth... that is why, I took this step Khushi...

Khushi was silent for a moment but then, continued after a while...

Khushi: huhh... If you think that you could win me back by planning all these, then you are wrong...

Arnav: as I said, I am not doing this for me... I am doing this for you... You might not forgive me forever... You might not consider me... Let it be... I know, I don't deserve to be forgiven... but I won't let you face any bad from now on...

Khushi: I faced every bad in my life already... (she pointed their marriage and Arnav understood that)

Arnav: and that bad phase of your life is going to end... (he paused and continued) You decided to move to Lucknow and end our contract marriage after that...

Khushi gave a sarcastic look to Arnav...

Khushi: It is a contract marriage, Mr. Raizada... which is defined based on your terms... You are the one who termed it to end after six months of our marriage... I didn't put that condition...

Arnav: Yeah... (he agreed disappointedly) I never ever thought that I would get struck in my own terms...

Khushi: but it is good... It is good that I don't have to stay in this forceful marriage after the time period...

Arnav nodded again and moved towards Khushi... He stood before her and held her palms... Khushi looked at him with questioning eyes...

Arnav: You are the only person whom I hated... but you are the only person whom I loved with all my heart, Khushi... I might not have realized it earlier because of my own reasons and insecurities... I always locked my pain inside my heart... I never let my emotions overrule me... but Khushi... Yesterday, you showed me an entire different point of view to see my life... You are right... Who won't suffer?? almost everyone... there are many people who suffered more than me... I shouldn't shut myself because of my past... Thanks Khushi... for making me realize what life is... Before you entered my life, it meant winning... reaching heights... earning money and power... but you made me realize that life means living... with the people around you... loving them and getting loved by them... I shouldn't shut my emotions because of that one incident in my past...

Khushi continued staring in his eyes while Arnav left her palms... He palmed her cheeks and placed a kiss on her forehead...

Arnav: thanks... (he muttered again and continued) you made me realize what feelings and emotions are... and I will carry them until my last breathe Khushi...