7. Panic.

I walk the last bit to Shawn's house. To my dismay, his car is in the driveway. 

Suddenly all four of the doors open and the guys walk out. I let out a sigh of relief when I realize Aron isn't there. Now I'll just wait here until they're inside. Perfect. No one has seen me yet so all I have to do is hide behind that tree and—

"Yo, isn't that Sky?" Evan remarks.

Shit.

Then I see a flashy red vintage car drive past me. It's Aron. 

FUCK, FUCK, FUCK.

"Yeah, I think so." Mikey says. 

I sigh and walk over to them. 

"Hey, guys." I say awkwardly. 

They all greet me in the same awkward fashion. 

I look at my shoes. The only item I have on that actually belongs to me. 

Then Aron gets out of his car. Sunglasses and leather jacket on. The whole classic player look. I roll my eyes.

"Yo," He says as he walks up to us. 

He takes off his sunglasses and scans me head to toe.

"Nice outfit. Where did you get it?" Aron teases, his eyes playful. 

That fucking—

"Hey, let's go inside. I think we all need to talk." Shawn says seriously. 

I sigh. Here it comes. 

***

We're all sat on Shawn's couch, waiting for him to start talking. He's always the one that brings us together when there's a fight. Though, this time I may have gone too far. Not stealing another man's girl is bro-code. If you break it, you're out. Which leaves me with absolutely no friends. 

"So, obviously we need to talk about what happened yesterday. Cheating is not okay but Loren isn't in our group so that doesn't matter. The main issue is that you hit on Mikey's crush even though you knew he liked her—"

"I told you, I forgot!" I try to defend myself.

"And that's the problem! You don't pay attention. Do you even remember what Evan told you about his summer?" Shawn asks. 

I search my memory. 

"Y-yes.. he.. he went to the beach?" 

The guys all sigh of frustration. 

Guess not.

I look down at my hands. 

I'm such an ass. I can't even pay attention to my friends. 

"I just.. I have a pea-sized brain. I can't help it! I even forget my own shit sometimes, you guys know that!" 

"He does have a point there.." Mikey mumbles in thought. 

The guys chuckle. 

"I'm really sorry, Mike. I promise I won't go near her again." 

"Nah, it's fine, dude. I know you didn't mean any harm. And what kind of girl could she be if she wants to be kissed by you! Ew!" Mikey jokes. 

I throw a pillow at him. 

The guys all laugh. 

I guess we made up, huh? I really didn't see that coming. 

"So what are we doing to celebrate?" Aron asks.

Ugh. Aron again.

"Let's play some MRC!"