Afterword

Firstly, I want to say thank you for reading this story! This is my first full original book on Wattpad and I'm very excited about it! 

I cried and laughed and was completely surprised time and time again as I wrote this story. I had no idea it would turn into what it is now. Originally it was supposed to be a lot lighter but it just organically evolved into this huge story on life and it's dark and light sides. 

I know there's a big message of 'get therapy' in this book but I want to state here that I am not trying to promote therapy. I know and I've heard that it doesn't work for everyone. I write stories for fun, not to teach lessons so please take anything in this book with a grain of salt. Therapy was great for my characters but by no means am I saying that it's a magic potion that always works. 

I know the friendly nature of Sky and his therapist's relationship might be frowned upon, and once again, I'm not glorifying it. Just showing it.

Sky talks badly about Alabama. Literally, no offense to Alabama on my part. ;p

Loren at some point in the story talks about abortion in a very insensitive way. Those are not my opinions at all. 

I also want to say that I am every aware that Sky and some of the other characters in this story are very flawed. Especially in the first few Chapters Sky was... a total jerk. I'm not promoting their lifestyle in the slightest. Again, I wrote it all for the sake of a 'pretty picture'. It has nothing to do with my morals or ethics. It's art for the sake of art. Oscar Wilde put it best: 'There is no such as thing as a moral or an immoral book. Books are well written, or badly written. That is all. 
No artist has ethical sympathies. An ethical sympathy in an artist is an unpardonable mannerism of style.' 

Again, thanks for reading. I hope this book touched you or helped you in some way. Writing it was certainly therapeutic for me. ;D

P.S. You may have noticed some of the chapter titles are also songs. Really good songs! I hope you enjoy. 

- S O N G S -

Golden - Harry Styles

House on the hill - The Pretty Reckless

Dear Sister - The Pretty Reckless

Hot - Avril Lavigne

Smile - Avril Lavigne

Heartless - The Weeknd

Let Go - Shaimus

My Heart - The Perishers