58. Together

The party's over, thank God. Everyone congratulated Aron and I on our... engagement. Oh my God, I'm engaged. This is so lame. I couldn't care less about marriage. But it means a lot to Aron and.. I do wanna spend the rest of my life with him. So.. not long from now.. I'll have a husband.

I feel my cheeks heat up from that thought even though there's no one on the balcony but me.

I can't hide the fact that I am a bit happy. Just a bit. I am marrying the love of my life. How many people can say that?

The door to the balcony slides open and Chase makes his way to me, two beers in hand.

"Cheers." He smiles.

I smile faintly.

I hadn't even thought about Chase yet. How he must feel about this whole thing.

I look at the silver ring on my finger. It doesn't look that different from my other rings so that's good.

We're both staring at the view.

"So.. Are you okay with.. all of this?" I ask softly. I can't look at him right now.

Chase chuckles.

I frown.

"Are you kidding? I was totally in on this. Aron even asked me for permission." Chase laughs.

"Seriously?"

"Yeah! I'm gonna be his best man." He smiles proudly.

"I—" I shake my head in awe. "Wow."

He shrugs. Then he turns to me.

"Sky, I just want you to be happy. And if that's with the coolest guy I know, it can't be too bad." He half-smirks.

It's like a weight falls off my shoulders when he says this.

I leap into his arms and sigh of relief.

"When did you get so tall?" I frown as I realize HE'S TALLER THAN ME.

"When did you get so short?" He laughs.

The door opens and Arons steps into the sun.

My mouth almost drops.

He's wearing a full black classic tuxedo with a bow tie.

I pull away from Chase.

I'm absolutely speechless.

Chase whistles.

"Wow." Is all I manage to say. He looks like a fucking god. Even more so than usual.

Aron grabs my hand. "You need to change."

"Another surprise?" I whine.

"Nope, just a date to celebrate our engagement." He beams as he says those last two words.

I blush profusely.

"O— okay."

"Have fun, guys. Don't do anything I wouldn't do." Chase jokes as he makes his way inside.

***

We've made it to the restaurant. The most expensive one in the city. And yes, I too am wearing a tux. Though I don't look half as good in it as Aron. I can't stop staring at him.

He grabs my hand and we walk inside.

It's beautiful here. It's dimly lit and very elegant looking. There are fake cherry trees all around. There's live music and the place is packed. Still it feels intimate and cozy.