33. Spill

I get out of my car and stare up at the medium sized building in front of me. I expected it to look like a hospital but instead it looks like a fucking kids school. 

I sigh. 

This is way worse. 

The building's covered with muted colored mosaic. The windows are odd shapes like triangles and circles and the door is rounded and says 'Welcome' on the wood with a huge yellow sun drawing next to it.

I want to go back. 

Aron offered to come but I told him no. Doing this alone is embarrassing enough. 

Defeated, I slump into the building and I almost vomit from the interior. 

The wooden walls have mosaic details at the bottom and the furniture is all kinds of muted colors with some bright ones every now and then. 

Some of the walls have drawings and paintings unmistakably made by kids. This is so much worse than a clinical psych ward. 

I reach the front desk. 

"Hi, I have an appointment today. My name is Sky." I sigh. "Oliver Sky."

"And what's your date of birth?" The woman behind the desk asks. 

"November eleventh two thousand—"

"Ah, I see. Your appointment is with Jennifer Dawson. You can wait in the waiting room to your right. She'll be with you shortly." The girl smiles with a whole lot of pep. 

It creeps me the fuck out. 

"Thanks." I say as I walk away from her as fast as possible. 

I go into the waiting area and I'm met by a bunch of weirdos. 

One girl is dressed in black head to toe and anxiously biting her huge sleeve while her eyes dart left and right. She has light skin and a black ring through her right nostril. Her eyes are dark brown, almost black. And her hair's dark too, though I can barely see it because of the hoodie.

The guy across from her is sitting still like a statue. He seems to be about my height and he has light blue hair and brown eyes. He's not unattractive but his demeanor is so weird. He barely blinks.

And the third person is a guy with long dark brown curls with matching eyes. His skin is olive and he's tapping his foot against the floor in the most annoying way while smiling at me like I'm food. 

I have to get out of here. 

I turn around and then I remember what I promised to Steve. 

"Dammit." I mutter to myself. 

"Too cool for therapy?" I hear a male voice behind me. 

I turn around and face the guy with the curls. 

He smirks again. 

Everyone in the waiting room stares at me now. 

This guy's already working on my nerves.

"So, what happened to you? Let me guess, your girlfriend pays more attention to her outfits than to you." He smirks.

"What the hell is your problem?!" 

Goth girl's gasps in fear upon me raising my voice. 

WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS?

"Now, now. Don't upset sweet little Heather." The guy giggles. 

"So anger issues, I gather?" He smiles. 

"And you're here for being a fucking sadist, right?" I fire back.