-66-

S6

- Chapter 66 -
S.N.I.T.C.H.

H

Finding a parking spot near the Manhattan courthouse, I get out locking my doors

Finding a parking spot near the Manhattan courthouse, I get out locking my doors. Today's the preliminary hearing of Glock's carjacking and accessory to murder trial. I'm anxious to say the least because he seems to be the only one without answers. He's been hanging in the balance, while Apollo and I are out on bail. Today will determine how things go forward for him.

Nina claims she'll make sure the case gets thrown out, but I don't see that happening. Not when I know there's a snitch in the crew now with Haze. He's set to be a witness in this case and the Kingpin trial. If anything we should've gotten rid of him more than Paloma...

I'm still torn on everything I found out about Nina being D.E.A. and Desmond still being an informant. No matter the deal or arrangement, being in the same room as them means we're cooperating. Whether Nina's a double agent or not. Whether they've sold drugs and killed like us or not. Nina's still law enforcement and Desmond's still a snitch who're both capable of anything. She can turn whatever she has on me and my brothers over in a second if she chooses. I understand that's the sole reason Apollo's agreeing to help them take down Ar'mon, but I still don't like it.

In the eyes of street code, a rat is a rat. What would that make us?

It's about saving ourselves, but at what cost? If we can escape jail time with the help of a corrupt federal agent, is it the same? We could get us all off including our organization members with the help of Nina. She might be Apollo's family, but she's still a cop - someone we should have no affiliation with.

Seeing Athena while I'm walking towards the courthouse I call her name. She stops walking, so I can catch up. Once I do we hug and I hear her give a heavy sigh like she needed it. "How are you feeling?" I ask as we both start up the building's stairs.

"I just wish this was over. I know we're barely starting, but I know how the judicial system can drag cases. I can feel the years we're going to have to deal with this."