-6-

S1

- Chapter 6 -
Playing Our Part

I pull up to the address in the Garment District of Manhattan that Desdemona gave me

I pull up to the address in the Garment District of Manhattan that Desdemona gave me. I park my car then get out making sure I have my Goyard wallet and phone. I hop out of my Maserati pulling up my Adidas sweatpants closing the drivers door behind me. As I step up onto the sidewalk in my slides I hit the button locking the doors to my car. I walk into the small fabric shop making the bell on the door ding. A small woman says hello with some kind of accent I can't make out. I look around the store filled with different fabrics in various colors, textures, and prints. I finally spot Desdemona who's already looking around...

When she sees me out of the corner of her eye she looks at me saying, "Look who's finally here

When she sees me out of the corner of her eye she looks at me saying, "Look who's finally here. Time is money..." She shakes her head as I stop in front of her. I could tell throughout our partnership that was going to be her go to quote.

"My fault, traffic." I was lying. I was comfortably in my bed asleep until I woke up realizing I have to meet her. Living two lives wasn't easy. I was up all night through the early morning working with my brothers then I was expected to wake up early to do business with Desdemona. This will eventually get old and tiring, so I need to figure my shit out fast.

This is the most dressed down I've seen her since I met her. For once she didn't have on heels replacing them with black Adidas Yeezy Boost and there was no pant suit or dress in sight. She was just casual. It made me realize how some of these celebrities can't even leave there house how they want to because people are always taking pictures of them. They constantly had to be made up aiming for perfection when they're just normal people like everyone else. When I pulled up I noticed a couple of paparazzi chilling just waiting. It's weird as hell and something I have to get used to.

"Don't look at me. You might wanna get to looking because there's fabrics wall to wall, ceiling to floor," she says motioning her hands around the store as I scan it with my eyes. "You know what you want better than me. I've been coming to this lady for years and she gives me deals, so pick whatever you want. Meanwhile, I'm going to be looking for some myself for my swimsuit line."