-37-

S3

- Chapter 37 -
Laissez les bons temps rouler

- Chapter 37 -Laissez les bons temps rouler

I sit in my suite of a hotel in the French Quarter of New Orleans getting ready to go out

I sit in my suite of a hotel in the French Quarter of New Orleans getting ready to go out. We're in day two of the festivities of Athena's bachelorette party weekend in her home state of Louisiana. The first day was spent getting pampered at the spa and going to a parade. Tonight was the real party apparently because we're going clubbing and to explore the Mardi Gras nightlife activities.

After putting my hair in sleek ponytail I start on my makeup. The trip consisted of Athena's 4 bridesmaids, me, and some women she knows here in Louisiana. Despite Athena being pregnant she was determined to have fun. I set everything I need to do my makeup on the hotel desk then dial the number given to me so I can call my sister, Miranda. I called earlier, but she didn't answer.

From what Miranda told me she's in Connecticut. I was iffy about her involving herself in all this chaos, but she had her mind set. She wanted her ex dead. If she could live with her decision I couldn't bare the brunt of any regret she should have. When the phone rings and rings going to voicemail I stare at my phone screen.

I sigh wondering why she's not answering. She's not supposed to go anywhere and she's there alone. What could she be doing? Maybe she's asleep. "Miranda, call me back. I just want to check on you," I say before hanging up. I furrow my eyebrows not being able to help the feeling that something bad could've happened to her.

Since she's not answering I decide to FaceTime Cordelia to check on her as well. Once again she was staying with our father while I'm out of town, so she's not alone. I prop my phone up on the lamp that's on the desk right as she answers. "I can't believe you left me here with him again," she immediately says with attitude. "I'm 18, Des. I don't need to be babysat."

"Would you quit your complaining? Just enjoy spending some time with your father."

"Easy for you to say since you don't even spend time with him yourself. You used to go on trips and leave me in the penthouse alone before I was even 18. What's different?"