-9-

S1

- Chapter 9 -
Keep Dealing

- Chapter 9 -Keep Dealing

I look down at my phone as the elevator in the Manhattan building climbs each floor one by one

I look down at my phone as the elevator in the Manhattan building climbs each floor one by one. I look at the numerous text messages Saanvi sent me throughout the week that I ignored. Every single last one of them.. She wasn't taking the hint that I didn't want to be bothered by her because she was still texting me on this Wednesday morning. After spending a week doing nothing but relaxing in Miami it was hard to transition back into work mode even after being back for 3 days. I didn't need Saanvi stressin' me, especially when we're not together right now.

Saanvi: Just bc we're on break doesn't mean I won't break ur nose 4 not replying😤

Don't let the fact Saanvi was a pretty, super model fool you. She has a temper. When we first started dating she was the physical type to be all in a niggas face yelling and touching until I knocked her down a few pegs of confidence. And no, that didn't mean I put my hands on her by hitting her back. All it took was for me to raise my calm and collected voice up a couple of notches to get her to back down and realize I'm not that type of dude.

Saanvi: I know ur bck from Miami. Respond😒

Saanvi: Guess u want me 2 get my father involved🙃

Saanvi: Call me now!

I let out a groan as I call her. I put my phone to my ear as it dials her number and rings. "Hello?!" She says answering aggressively.

"Wassup?" I say casually as I stand in the elevator alone.

"What's up? What's up is you thinking I'm stupid or you having me out here looking stupid. We're on a break, but did you forget no one's supposed to know?"

"What are you talking about?" I ask with a sigh as the elevator stops then the doors open. A white man in a suit with a briefcase gets on hitting the button for the floor he wants. The doors close again then the elevator starts going up like previously.