-39-

Season 4: Spring, 2018

- Chapter 39 -
The Reason Why

It's March 11th, a Sunday morning at the Villa Barone Manor in Bronx, New York where everyone is anticipating the wedding of Glock and Athena

It's March 11th, a Sunday morning at the Villa Barone Manor in Bronx, New York where everyone is anticipating the wedding of Glock and Athena. The weeks leading up to the wedding day have been busy, but considerably calm for the De Carlo family. Today was probably the most hectic it's been in awhile as the wedding party gets ready and the wedding planner handles last minute business.

They had hours until the wedding starts. The bride, Athena, was still getting her hair and makeup done while the wedding party does one last walk through to make sure they're prepared. Glock and Athena have three groomsmen and three bridesmaids including Apollo, Draco, Ares, Rhea, Athena's sister, and her cousin, Dayanara. Glock and Athena didn't have many friends, so they didn't need a huge wedding party like most.

Draco stands next to his partner listening to the instructions of the wedding planner. Standing beside him is Athena's cousin, Dayanara. She stands at 5'5" wearing heels giving her some added height to her athletic build. Draco felt weird next to her for some reason. He much rather have been Rhea's partner instead.

Dayanara Dávila is more than just Athena's cousin. She's the head of a drug syndicate in Miami, Florida and has the biggest drug organization run by a woman...A queenpin. She has been dubbed the new Griselda Blanco. She shows no mercy to anyone. Her nicknames include la dama de la muerte which means the lady of death, la rosa negra...the Black Rose, and La Madrina...the Godmother. She was not to be played with. If you cross her you might as well make your own funeral arrangements.

Her Man Eater tattoo wasn't just there for art. She literally ate men apart with her words, her golden gun, and her pussy. When you think of a woman in the drug game you think of them being married to or the relative of someone who gave them power. Yes, Dayanara got her start working for Athena's father, Titan, but she didn't get this far by being pussy.

The last time Draco saw Dayanara they got into a heated argument at a meeting for drug organizations. She wanted to take out another organization in New York that was causing everyone problems. Draco was strongly against it seeing as him and his brothers are based in New York. It would start a war and they would have to deal with it upfront while she's in Miami. Dayanara was never one to listen to a man and she did it anyway. Because of her it started a violent rampage throughout the city for months. She was able to wipe out that organization, but it caused a lot of unnecessary bloodshed.

Draco really wasn't listening to the wedding planner who was giving instructions as he stood next to Dayanara with their arms hooked. How hard is it to walk down the aisle then stand on the side? "You will wait until the couple in front of you is halfway down the aisle before you start walking. That's at that pillar," the woman says loudly pointing. "Once you see they're halfway, walk out at a steady pace and meet your partner."