-13-

S1

- Chapter 13 -
Homecoming

The black Chevrolet Suburban, Cassius sent to pick up his now free brother traveled down the streets of Brooklyn, New York

The black Chevrolet Suburban, Cassius sent to pick up his now free brother traveled down the streets of Brooklyn, New York. The windows are tinted allowing no one to look in, but Caswell looked out as his eyes wandered taking in everything they drove by. It no longer looked like the Flatbush where he grew up or even two years ago before he went in because of gentrification closing in on the area. After serving 2 years, 4 months, and 12 days exactly if you ask Caswell being a free man was nothing less than a victory. Two years was nothing for being caught with drugs, so he took it on the nose like a champ. Most would want to come home and change, so they would never find themselves back behind steel doors of maximum security prisons, but Caswell was ready to be back on his same bullshit.

Caswell better known in the streets as Casanova is what they called a tyrant when it came to his crew, Cash and Success aka C.A.S.

As a teenager, him and his younger brother, Cassius, were under the De Carlo's. They were two of many who had no name or face because the De Carlo's reign went from Brooklyn, New York to New Jersey and a couple of other states.

The D.C. Boys as they were known in the streets once Apollo took his spot as the head of the De Carlo organization at just 16 in the early 2000's. It was something never seen before. A teenager running dudes ten years older than him or the same age. His father, Ar'mon De Carlo, and his brothers had been gradually bringing Apollo into their organization as a kid because they knew eventually they would go down with presidents like Reagan and Bush in office...and they did. Each one of them got twenty plus years in jail instead of the 1, 2, 3 year sentences they were getting before.

For awhile it was quiet in the streets as far as the De Carlo's. The Crack Cocaine and Heroin epidemic in the 90's was slowing down with strict drug laws coming into effect. With no one in charge of the organization it halted movement for a couple of years. Apollo, Glock, Draco, and Ares were all just kids. Their mother was surviving off left over money from before Ar'mon went to jail and money from Ajax, Glock and Draco's Dads death. She was blowing through that money to supply her drug habit resulting in them being right back in the projects. A place the De Carlo's had worked so hard to get out of. Apollo had to face the reality he was no longer a kid and the man of the house. His hoop dreams of going to the NBA were squandered as he began to sell little bags of weed just to help how he could.

His mother only got worse and worse eventually overdosing. When their mother died Apollo became ice cold. His father told him to take care of his mother and brothers yet here his mother was dead and his siblings got split up. Apollo took advantage of the respect he got in the streets for simply being a De Carlo and decided it was time to step up from weed.

He went from a little bunk weed beginning to climb the ladder all the way up to kilos of Coke worth hundreds of thousands. No one wanted to really work with the teenage kid who was the son of a man who's organization fell from under his feet and was in prison. Titan Davenport, Athena's father, who was from Puerto Rico but working out of Baton Rouge, Louisiana gave him a chance.