-32-

S3

- Chapter 32 -
Don't Push Me

- Chapter 32 -Don't Push Me

It's 8 in the morning as I stand in the Fitness Center of Desdemona's Midtown Manhattan penthouse building

It's 8 in the morning as I stand in the Fitness Center of Desdemona's Midtown Manhattan penthouse building. I stand in front of her with my hands raised up wearing focus pads while she wears boxing gloves punching into them. It's clear she has some built up anger with the force she's hitting them. I'm lucky I'm even this close to her because she hasn't talked to me all week. I knew that would happen after Paloma getting shot.

"Ay, chill out before you hit me in my face," I warn her because she's hitting so hard I can't even keep my hands steady. I now don't doubt that she can at least hold her own in a fight. She definitely wasn't weak.

She stops punching saying briskly, "I should." I can see she's trying to regulate her breathing to get it back to normal as she takes her gloves off.

"So, you just gonna keep having an attitude with me? I said I was sorry for what happened."

"And sorry is supposed to fix what happened?" She asks looking back at the door that's closed and locked. "My best friend was shot. We both know there's no other reason that would happen other than you and your brothers." She speaks freely since we're in a private room meant for private personal training, but her trainer isn't here yet. "Now I'm in the blogs again with a scandal because my close friend gets shot at my birthday event."

"I said I was sorry and paid for her medical expenses. I can't do anything else. You ain't gotta give me the cold shoulder like I wanted that to happen to Paloma," I say pulling the focus pads off of my hands.

"You know that bullet was for you. Can you act like you care about that? That somebody was trying to harm you and didn't give a fuck who was around?"

"What the hell am I supposed to do? I'm no bitch, so I can't walk around living my life scared. Something you gotta know is I'm ready for ANYTHING at ANY time including death." Before I can process it Desdemona is throwing the boxing glove at me, but I duck.