-30-

S3

- Chapter 30 -
Gifted

- Chapter 30 -Gifted

I walk into Desdemona's building in Manhattan going straight to her elevator without stopping at the front desk

I walk into Desdemona's building in Manhattan going straight to her elevator without stopping at the front desk. I was on her list, but she also gave me the code to her elevator. It's only a few minutes after 5a.m. and I'm not pleased to be up this early at all, but I have to. Today I do my first, real interview with The Breakfast Club. I didn't know how to feel about it. I just know I need to do it to get my name known while at the same time still not putting my business out there.

After the elevator ride up I step out looking around Desdemona's penthouse. It's deathly quiet and dark on this early, Tuesday morning. I go up the stairs and as soon as I do I can hear loud music coming from the left end of the hallway. I assume that's where her sister's room is since I've never been to that side. She must be getting ready for school. I go to the right going to Desdemona's room.

I knock, but when I get no response I walk in anyway. "Des?!" I say walking into her room seeing her tv is on as the morning news plays.

"Bathroom!" I can hear her yell even though the bathroom door is closed.

"Why aren't you already dressed?" I ask looking at the watch on my wrist. We still had two hours until the interview, but traffic is no joke. "We gotta go!"

"I'm getting dressed," she shouts from the bathroom. I look to see an outfit laid out on her bed with heels sitting on the floor right in front. She was probably in there doing her makeup or hair taking forever like always. I knew it was going to be awhile, so I take my coat off.

Her place was warm to makeup for the cold weather outside. I throw it on the white couch she has in front of her tv then stand there watching the screen. I shake my head as they detail some irrelevant story on the morning news. That slot was wasted and could've been used for real news, but they don't care about the hood. I couldn't expect much from a platform ran by white people. I was sick of hearing about Trump too.

When there's a knock on her bedroom door I look towards it not knowing what to do. Desdemona peeks her head out of her bathroom then we hear, "Des! Are you awake?"